Chapter 29 - New revealings

[NOT EDITED]

Katherine's POV

I don't know if i should be happy right now or not.

I don't know if i should be relieved to finally have my answers , to finally solve the debate running in my mind.

She is his mother. And she is alive.

Yes, that's good.

But in the same time this will open old pages , this will bring the past again, things now is going to become even more complicated.

Everyone thinks she is dead.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as i looked at her shocked expression, looked at the tears that suddenly escaped her eyes. I stepped closer toward her , "Everyone thinks you're dead !" I said , "Then how ? I - I really don't understand."

She shook her head , "I can't talk about this." She said , "Please , I don't want to talk about this. You got your answers , Mark was the father of my child but that's from the past , that doesn't matter anymore."

Her words cracked my heart. She thinks her son is dead.

Mark didn't just ruin Ashton's childhood , he ruined her life as well.

"It matter." I said , "You have no idea how much it matters."

"No , what happened in the past should stay in the past. Please , you can't tell anyone." She said wiping the tears on her cheek away , "I should leave."

She turned her body again but I directly placed my hand over her shoulder stopping her , "Your son didn't die , he is alive."

Her muscles tensed under my hands , her back still facing me , she shook her head , "No , no , my son died... I h-held his lifeless body in my arms.." her voice broke as she muttered the last sentence.

I can't even imagine how hard that was on her ,maybe that's reason number one why i am risking my life to have my baby, because i know if i survived and he didn't, i would definitely lose my mind.

"That wasn't your son." I said shaking those specific thoughts away, "Ashton is your real son."

She turned around to face me, her eyes widened , her lips parted to say something but nothing came out , shock written on her face as she shook her head again as if not believing what i just said.

"W-what ?" She said , her voice a mere whisper , the news still trying to register in her mind.

"He is your son." I said again.

She looked dazed as she stared back at me, her face paled a little and i was afraid she would faint or pass out in front of me.

"How ?" She asked after a few seconds, confusion filling her pale blue eyes.

I swallowed hard , I didn't want to tell her my next words , but i have to, she also deserves to know the truth.

"When you gave birth , Mark took Ashton from the hospital." I trailed off , the agony and pain in her eyes made it hard to talk , "And he replaced him with a dead child.. to convince you that your son died."

She gasped , more tears fell from her eyes, she placed her hand on her mouth hiccuping the sob the threatened to escape , she shook her head repeatedly, "No ,no ,no." She said , her voice muffled. Her eyes alone showed the pain she is feeling.

A tear escaped my eye as well , I don't know why , but it went down against my own will.

"Mark won't do that." She added , her voice weak and vulnerable, she even sounded unsure of her own words.