Chapter 36 - One Last Dance

[NOT EDITED]

Katherine's POV

"Why we are here ?" I directly asked once i noticed we're parking beside the airport.

Instead of acting like a normal human being and answering my question, he just went out of the car.

I let out a sigh and went down as well.

Don't know why i love this man.

"Aren't you going to answer me ?" I asked as he opened the car's trunk and took a hand-bag from inside it- a bag i just noticed it's there.

Today morning when i woke up , he directly told me to get ready but like always , him being the jerk him , he didn't say where we're going ,and now i just found myself standing in front of the airport.

"Oh god answer me !" I said , my voice raising a bit. He is starting to play on my nerves.

"You ask a lot ! " He said with an annoyed tone.I shot him a glare in return.

"Well if you answer me , i will shut up !" I exclaimed. I feel like killing him. Why he is being a jerk today.

"We are going to Columbia." He said nonchalantly and started to walk inside dragging me with him.

"Wait what ?" I said, my eyes widened.

"Why ? Why we are suddenly going there ?" I stopped walking making him stop as well , "Why you didn't say anything before ? "

"Why you always tell me important things at the last moment ?" I said, my voice getting louder, and i was getting angrier. When he didn't answer and his face remained blank i talked further, "Why you are being a big jerk today ?"

He let out a sigh , "And she said she'll shut up if i answered !" He said with a bored tone.

God ! Just give me patience.

He took my hand and started to walk again but i stopped not giving up , "I am not entering till you tell me why in hell we are going there ?" I said crossing my arms above my chest.

He stopped as well, his jaw tightened, he rubbed his eyes before answering , "I have work there and you're going with me because i am not letting you stay alone." He said and took hold of my hand again , "Can we go now ?"

Feeling there is no place for negotiation, i nodded and walked with him, but my inside is still burning with anger. What's wrong with him ? Why he is acting like this ?

Is it because of what happened yesterday? Because of what i said ?

Because when he left to see a doctor, he was so angry and when he came back, he just kept silent and looked so lost in his thoughts all the time.

He didn't even tell me what happened. Probably he get the same response.

That's why i want him to stop searching. He is just hurting himself more. Trying to hold into hope won't make him feel better , no it would break him more.

Hope hurts.

Because it is false. Because there is no hope.

I know. I can feel it.

So I don't want him to believe in these lies, to clung into something that would pull him down, would just get him disappointed.

That would hurt him more.

And i don't want him to get hurt.

I was too lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice we are now entering the plane. Ashton's hand still tightly holding mine. His hold was so tight that it started to hurt me but he looked oblivious to his action.