Chapter 11 - I am scared

[NOT EDITED]

Katherine's POV

We directly drove toward the hospital, Ashton didn't say anything after the call.

Neither did I.

It was obvious that the news get him worried, it was obvious that he is really concerned.

Even though he is trying to hide it by just looking in front of him faking just concentrating on the road.

It is still obvious.

His white knuckles from pressing hard on the steering wheel exposed him,

the loud breaths he is taking exposed him too.

The look in his eyes was enough.

To expose him.

He doesn't want to be worried.

I understand.

But he is worried though.

And i understand as well.

It is two after midnight, and it's still dark outside, just few people here and there so It didn't take us long to arrive.

Once we stepped inside , i was the first to talk, "Mark Ryder." I said to the receptionist, who directly typed the name on the screen in front of her, "He is in the operation theater." She said , "At the end of the hall , to the right."

I directly followed the direction and walked further inside. Once i spotted Zoe , grandma and Melanie from far ,my stomach flipped and my heart jumped up and down for unknown reason.

Ashton was beside me and when he saw them , he stopped as well , his hand clenched into a fist and it was obvious he is trying his best to stay calm.

I unclenched his fist and held his hand tightly trying to assure him that it is going to be fine.

He looked at me and i tried to give him a smile , he tightened his hold over my hand and then we walked toward them.

Once Zoe spotted us , she directly ran toward Ashton , i removed my hand from his when she threw herself in her brothers embrace.

"I am scared." She said her voice muffled with tears , "I am so scared Ashton."

Ashton closed his eyes for a brief second , his hand went up and wrapped themselves around his sister.

"He is going to be okay." He said but I noticed the uncertainty in his tone , "He has to be okay."

It was obvious that he is trying to convince himself with those words as well.

She pulled away , her face red,  her eyes puffy and full with tears.

My heart ached for her, and i felt a single tear scrolling down my cheek , because i understand what she is being through right now.

Ashton's hand went and wiped her tears away , "Don't cry." He said , "It's not good for the baby."

She nodded and tried to wipe her tears away as we walked toward the waiting area.

Grandma stood up directly and was the first to speak , "What happened ?" She asked looking at Ashton , and i can see how worried she is just by looking at her tired blue eyes.

Of course she is. He's her son after all.

"Ashton answer me , what happened when he went to your home?" She asked again probably oblivious to the fact that Ashton knows the truth now.