Chapter 32 - I am going to lose her

[NOT EDITED]

Ashton's POV

I sat there waiting. For I don't know how long i just waited.

My feet tapping on the floor nervously. Anxiety taking over my body, and over my mind.

I placed my head in my hands , my fingers grabbing my hair tightly.

What happened ?

Goddammit, she passed out in my arms !

I freaked out, i lost my mind at the moment.

Is she okay?

She has to be.

But she won't be okay later. A voice said in my head , I directly shut it up , my fingers grabbing my hair tighter.

I don't want to think about it.

I can't. I just can't.

I can't lose her. She's my everything.

I feel so helpless, i feel there is nothing i can do. I always thought there is nothing impossible, i always solved whatever i faced in my life. I always tried to overcome all the obstacles.

But now , now there is really nothing i can do. What's happening is just so overwhelming , the news hit me like a brick.

And the problem is that she wants me to accept it and just sit and wait for that day to come.

No. I can't. I won't.

I am not giving up on her.

The ringing of my phone pulled me out of my thoughts. I took it out of my pocket to see my Dad's name flashing through the screen.

I hit the answer button , "Yeah." I said , my voice low and tired.

"Ashton , where are you ?" He asked , "I came to the company and your assistant is saying things I don't understand.. you were going to hit a man..and security guards.. What the hell happened ?"

I took a deep breath in an unsuccessful attempt to calm my nerves.

Caleb was just right in front of me and I didn't care. All the things i wished to do once i see him , all the anger and vengeance, it all faded as he told me about Katherine's condition.

"Ashton ?" My dad said again when I didn't reply , "Where are you ?"

"In the hospital." I said.

"What ? Why ?" He asked in alarm , i can say he is getting worried.

"Katherine." Was all i said. I don't feel like talking with anyone. I don't feel like explaining , i don't feel like telling them the truth.

Because saying it would just make it more real.

There was a pause before he talked again , his tone became more serious, "Which hospital ?"

I told him.

"I am on my way." He directly said.

I hanged up after that, then placed the phone in my pocket again.

Few minutes ticked by then the doctor came out of the room. I directly shot up from my seat , my heart beating fast.

"She is fine." He directly answered my unspoken question.

When she passed out , I directly called her doctor to come to the hospital, because he knows about her case.

"But it's better if she stayed in the hospital under supervision for a couple of days. Her body is still weak and i am afraid this may happen again." He said and i nodded.