Chapter 3

Luke
Yet again, I'm pulled behind the school before I can reach my car. I sigh as I'm pushed against the wall.

"We really need to stop meeting like this." I say and hear three chuckles. Three.

I look up to see Ashton.

"Nice to see you again Ashton." I say and he smiles and I almost melt at his adorable dimples.

"So what's this about this time? My twin sister Lucy's soulmates?" I ask and they all gasp.

"You have a twin sister named Lucy?" Michael asks and I giggle.

"No. I was joking."

"Why would she have soulmates not just one?" Ashton asks curiously.

I shrug, my heart pounding out of my chest.

He walks closer yet again and I walk backwards, this keeps going until I'm completely against the wall and he stops right in front of me. "Michael saw something interesting today." He said and I gulped. I could feel his breath on my face and my legs started to shake.

"Really?" I ask in a shaky voice and that makes him smirk. "And what did he see?" I ask, humoring him, because I'm pretty sure I know exactly what he's talking about.

"I'm pretty sure your smart enough to figure it out." Michael says and they're all looking at me so intensely that I have to look away.

"I don't know." I mumble.

"I think you do." Ashton says and I look up at his face. I open my mouth to say something else but nothing comes out.

"I-I gotta go home." I say quickly and push Ashton out of the way.

Before I can escape, Ashton grabs my arm and swings me back around. "I don't like being lied to." He says and his eyes are a darker shade, all cuteness and kindness gone. I gulp and try to stand taller than him.

It doesn't work though as his stare has me trying to make myself smaller. I look down at my hands and fumble with my fingers.

He gently grabs my hand and lifts it up. He starts to pull my bracelets up once again and my heart starts to beat out of my chest. I quickly pull my hand back and push him away.

"W-what are you doing?!" I yell and he frowns.

"You don't have to be scared." Calum says, walking towards me and I chuckle.

"I-I'm not scared." I lie.

They all give me reassuring smiles and Ashton once again finds himself in front of me and before I can do anything he pulls the last of my bracelets up.

There on display are my soulmate marks. I whimper and pull my hand back. I cradle it to my chest and slowly start backing up.

"Luke...it's okay." Michael says and Calum nods.

"Luke...we're your soulmates." Ashton says and I shake my head no. How did they find out? Even when I didn't have the mark yesterday.

I'm so lost in thought that I don't notice Ashton and the other two standing in front of me. I finally look up and flinch a little when Ashton gently caresses my cheek with his hand.

I involuntarily lean into his touch, causing him to smile.

"Your okay." He says and rubs circles with his thumb.

"How did you guys find out?" I ask quietly.

"I saw Ashton's name on your wrist this morning." Michael says.

I look away, not meeting their eyes. "Why did you lie before?" Calum asks and I frown.

"I have three soulmates." I state, like that's an explanation.

"So do we. So what?" Michael responds and I sigh.

"My last two schools I got beat up because of it, so sorry for hiding it and being scared when all of a sudden you guys where interested." I snap.

"Someone's got an attitude." Ashton says with an angry look again. I cower under his stare. What the hell?

"I was scared when I suddenly knew you guys were my soulmates." I said in a quiet voice. They heard though because all their faces softened.

"It's okay baby, we're here now." Ashton says and strokes my cheek once again.

"We won't let anyone touch you." Michael adds.

"You don't have to be scared." Calum says and then they all catch me by surprise.

Ashton kisses my forehead, while Michael kisses my shoulder and Calum kisses my hand lightly. They all wrap their arms around me in a group hug and everything just feels right.

What are you doing with your hand Calum?

What do you thinks gonna happen now? Will Luke be okay with this all?

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia