Chapter 18

Luke
I felt queasy, and my side hurt. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't, they felt like there were weights on both of them.

"Michael? Calum? Ashton?" I tried to say, but my mouth wouldn't open, wouldn't make a noise.

"Luke..." Calum! I tried to search for him, open my eyes, reach for him, yell for him...but nothing happened. My body was still, I couldn't move.

"When will he wake up?" Ashton! Ashton please! Help me! Why can't I move? I'm scared.

"Well...we can't exactly tell when he'll wake up. It ranges from a few days to years even...sometimes never. But we gave him quite a bit of painkillers, so he's not in any sort of pain." Who is that?

"But he'll be okay?" Michael asks and there's a brief silence.

"He needs to heal, what happened to him...well it's very scarring. He's gonna need you guys more than you think when he wakes up." I hear papers shuffling around then a click of a pen. "The police will talk to him when he wakes up and I have a few numbers here for him for a specialist to talk to."

"A therapist?" A new voice asks. Mom?

"Well...yes, he's gonna need it. When someone goes through something like this...they just aren't the same. Most of the time they lose themselves, and they don't always come back. So I highly recommend seeing someone." I don't like you. I don't need to talk to anyone! I have my boys, as long as they're okay than I'm okay.

The room is silent besides the click of the door being shut. Then suddenly I can feel something. A hand, in mine.

"We're all okay Lukey..." I hear a sniffle and I want to reach out and hold him, tell him it's going to be okay. I love you Cally. "What that man did...it's going to be okay now."

"Do you think he can hear me?"

Yes. Yes yes I can. Please keep talking to me. Please. I need to know your still here and I'm not dead...or going insane.

"...I'm sure he can." Michael assures and I want to hit myself for doubting the boys. Of course they would comfort Calum. I have nothing to worry about. They'll take care of each other until I wake up.

I try to open my eyes, squeeze Calum's hand, open my mouth, kick my feet, wiggle my toes...but still nothing.

I want to scream. To yell. I'm stuck in whatever this is. What's happening to me? Why can't I move?

"I love you Lukey." I love you too.

He squeezes my hand and rests his head on my arm carefully. Then there's someone else holding my other hand, I can't tell who.

It's silent except for this weird beeping noise. And I just about go crazy. I need them to talk to me, it's torture being stuck in my own mind. It's dark and all that replays is why I'm here and like this.

Beep beep beep, the noise speeds up along with my heart and I realize that it's a heart monitor. So I'm in a hospital?

"Is that bad? Go get the doctor!" Someone says worriedly. No. Please just talk to me, I don't need the doctor I just need you.

I scream as loud as I can because I can't do anything else. But nothing happens. My mouth stays closed and no noise escapes. I thrash around but my body stays still. I'm literally trapped in my own mind and it's hell.

I hear the door open and close and then a short silence before The boys start to talk again.

"What are we going to do?" Calum asks.

"There's nothing we can do. We just have to wait for him to wake up." Ashton tells them.

"Then what?" Michael asks and I hear a sigh.

"Then we talk to the police and try to catch the bastard who did this."

"I miss him." It's a whisper, so quiet I almost don't hear it. But I'm right here.

"Lukey? Can you hear us?" They all stay silent and I'm guessing their hoping for me to show a sign, to move or do something. And I try. God I try my hardest but still nothing happens.

"I love you." They all mumble and I can feel it. I can feel their sadness and their love. It's weird but I embrace it, it's better than my feelings. It's dark and scary in my mind, they fill it with happiness.

But then I almost cry in relief. I want them to know, I need them to know that I love them too, that I can hear every word.

I hear a chair leg scrape then the click of the door opening. "Visiting hours are over." A sickly sweet voice says.

One of my hands is freed as whoever was holding it lets go. No! Please don't leave. I need you please don't go!

I want to punch something, to yell at the girl telling them to get out. They can't get out, I need them here.

That's when I feel it. I would sigh in relief but I'm sure nothing would happen. My body finally listens to my mind. My hand squeezes down on whoever's still there, holding it.

They gasp and it's silent in the room.

"You saw that too?" Michael asks.

"He moved!" Calum cheers. I hear a laugh from Ashton.

"Don't get your hopes up, it could just  be reflexes." The fake squeaky girl says.

I hear all three of the disappointed 'oh' and sighs.

No! It wasn't! Please, it was me! I'm here! Please don't go!

But they can't hear me, they leave and the door clicks shut. Not even a few minutes later the door opens again and there's cold hands prodding my sides and holding two fingers to my wrist and counting along with the monitor.

I want this to be over.

Welp this happened and sorry I didn't update I had family stay over for the weekend.

35 votes and 10 comments for the next update.

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia