Chapter 27

Luke
"Okay why don't we talk about your family today?"

"What about them?" I ask and she looks up at me through her glasses.

"Well...how do you feel about being away?"

"...sad. Angry." I mumble.

"Do you wish they were here with you?"

"No."

She looks at me curiously. "Because you don't want them hurt?" She asks slowly.

"That's part of it."

"Well why else?"

"Because...because I think it's better they stay away until everything's better. I-I don't want them to see me going crazy."

She sighs and shakes her head, giving me a warm smile. "You're not going crazy."

"I see things that aren't there. I'm going crazy." I state coldly.

"Since our last visit have you seen anything? Or felt like someone's watching you?"

"...no."

"That's because you're not crazy, you were just sleep deprived and still shocked over what happened to you. You can get through this, me, your family, your soulmates and your friends are here for you."

What friends? I want to ask but keep my mouth shut.

"Ma'am, you need to leave." An officer says, coming in the room. My therapist scrunched her eyebrows together and gets up.

"Hold on." She says to me and leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

I can hear their muffled voices through the door but can't make out what they're saying. She comes back in and grabs her note book, along with her other belongings.

"I'm sorry that we had to cut this short today but I have to go, I'll see you next week?" I nod but before I can ask why she had to leave so suddenly, she's gone.

I sigh and get up, going downstairs. The TV is on so I walk in, excepting to see the boys there, but they aren't. I frown and turn the TV off, hearing whispers coming from the kitchen.

All three of the boys, plus two officers are in there. "Guys?" I ask and they all stop talking. They turn to me as I walk in.

My frown deepens at their frustrated and concerned faces. "Luke, me and Michael need to go out for a little bit, but Calum will stay here to keep you company okay?" Ashton says and I nod.

"Where are you going? Can I come?" I ask and they shake their heads.

"No. You're not to leave the house. Got it?" He says in a stern voice. I nod my head quickly, a bit worried.

"I-is everything okay?" I ask and Michael and Ashton exchange a glance before Ashton nods.

"Everything's fine baby."

I can tell they aren't telling me something but let it go, I give them a smile, to show them that I don't suspect anything.

Michael and Ashton give me a small smile back and I can tell they are extremely stressed. What happened?

They head for the front door and I follow them. They put their shoes on while I stood there awkwardly. "I love you guys." I mumbled and they both turned to me.

They must of seen the sadness in my eyes, as they both stepped forward to give me a kiss. Ashton kissed me sweetly, then Michael did. I knew they were trying to reassure me, for what I had no idea.

"I love you too." They both said and then they gave Calum a kiss. "Remember, stay inside, we'll be back later." I nod and then they leave with an officer.

"So what do you want to do?" Calum asks. I looked out the window, watching as the boys got in a car and drove away.

"I don't know..." I trailed off, as something in the trees caught my attention.

A man. Just standing there, looking my way, at the house. He watched the car pull away too then averted his gaze back to the house.

I watched as his eyes raked across the house until he got to the window I was looking out of. He saw me and smiled, waving. My breath caught in my throat. It was him. I blinked and rubbed my eyes, when I opened them, he was gone. Not crazy my ass. Stupid therapist doesn't know what she's talking about.

"Luke? Are you okay?" Calum asked and I nodded, not taking my eyes off the spot I had seen the man at.

"I-I'm kinda tired. I think I'm going to lay down for a bit." I mumbled and Calum hummed in acknowledgement.

"Do you want one of the pills to help you sleep? They're in the kitchen."

I tore my eyes away from the window to look at Calum. I nodded and he smiled, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the kitchen.

Calum had to go on his tip-toes to reach the cabinet and I had to hold back a giggle, he was just so cute.

That's when I got an idea. "Hey Calum." I said slowly and he looked at me. "I think...do you want to see something cool?" I ask. He looks at me with wide eyes as he nods his head excitedly.

"We won't need sleeping pills." I giggle and he nods, putting them back.

I grab his hand and pull him upstairs. "You want to know how I was so good at hiding?" I ask him and he raises an eyebrow.

"How?"

"Because I found some secret hiding spots." He furrows his eyebrows but I can see the excitement in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" He asks and I run to the little room I had been in before. I grab the little map from under the couch and show it to him.

"Don't tell Mikey and Ashy." I say and he nods his head. "Do you want to play?" I ask again and he tilts his head to the side, making me coo.

"Play what?"

"Hide and seek." He bites the inside of his cheek but then nods. "Your it first." I say and he sighs, rolling his eyes but obliges, closing his eyes and starting to count.

I smile but it quickly drops. I surge forward, kissing Calum on the lips, making his eyes open wide in shock. "I love you." I mumble and he smiles.

"I love you too." I smile and then run to the door.

"Okay keep counting!" I say.

"Don't distract me this time!" he laughs, closing his eyes and continuing to count.

I close the door and run down the stairs, quickly pulling my shoes on and opening the door.

"I'm sorry." I whisper to them. Even though they can't hear me.

Than I start my way to town, I needed to go. I felt bad but I needed to do this.

Sorry I was at a friends house than I went to my dads so I didn't update this weekend :( sorry.

38 votes and 16 comments for the next update.

Stay lovely 🌹

-Olivia