Chapter 17

WARNING-Creepy shit. Bear with me, the lights shall stay on for only one more chapter.

Luke
"Shoot me."

I mumbled to distract him, and it worked, he lifted his arms from holding me down.

"With pleasure." Liam mumbled and I closed my eyes.

I heard the click as he cocked the gun and snapped my eyes open. I slammed my fist into his hand and the gun went flying across the bathroom floor.

He leaped towards it but I slammed my elbow into his face, he dropped down, clutching his nose. For some reason, as I looked at him for the last time, he looked different. Similar to Liam...but different.

I didn't waste any time, just jumped up and ran as fast as I could out the door.

BANG!

The bullet just barely missed me. I was panting as I rounded the corner, scared out of my mind.

"LUKE! You...can't...run...from...me." I pushed my back against the wall and slowly looked around the corner, he was walking down the hall slowly, blood now running down his face, from his eye and from his nose.

He looked up and I quickly pulled back from around the wall. He cackled, making the hairs on my arms rise. What the hell happened to him?

I turned around and ran down the hall again, all the doors were still closed.

BANG!

I screamed as pain shot down my side. But I didn't slow down, I kept running. There was no where to go, all the doors were locked.

Wait...no...there was one room that wasn't locked. I looked up and opened the janitors closet, slamming it shut behind me and locking it.

BOOM!

He pounded on the door but I just slide down the wall, suddenly really tired. I looked down at my side and a sob escaped me. There was blood rushing out of a bullet wound.

He shot me.

I was gonna die of blood lose. I brought my shirt up to my mouth and bite down on it, I ripped part of it off, bunching it up. Then I took a deep breath and pushed the piece of cloth against my wound, putting pressure on it.

I screamed at the pain. It hurt...A LOT.

I whimpered and he continued to bang on the door, but I smiled as there was shouts.

The police were here. Finally.

I heard the slap of shoes against the floor as Liam ran away. I couldn't really focus on anything else as the pain blinded me. Everything was fading to black and I knew it wouldn't be long till I passed out, and I don't know if anyone could find me.

I was in a locked closet, bleeding out and I didn't have the strength to get up and open the door.

It was a struggle to move, let alone breath. So it was extremely hard as I struggled to keep my eyes open and pull my phone out from my back pocket. I hung up on the call I was already on, my mind fogging, not being able to remember who I was calling.

I clicked on the first contact that showed up, the last person I called.

My phone had red smeared across the screen.

"Hello?" He answered and I put it on speaker, not able to hold my arm up as it started to go numb.

"A-Ashton." I mumbled.

"Luke? What are you doing? Get back to class." He chuckled.

"He got me Ashton." I barely had enough power to talk anymore, my eyes dropping shut.

"What? Luke what are you talking-"

"I forgot to tell you. I love you too Ashton. I love all three of you." My voice cracked and I whimpered, letting myself cry because I didn't know what to do anymore. I was hurt, scared-no-terrified and I just wanted it to stop.

"Luke what's going on? Your scaring me." He mumbled and I could tell he was on the verge of tears.

"C-Cal and M-Mikey? They're okay right?" I whispered, letting my eyes close.

"I don't know Luke, why? Where are you? I'm coming to get you."

"Ugh." I put more pressure on the wound and gasped, my hands warm and sticky with my own blood.

"They have to be okay because you're okay." I mumbled.

"Luke! Where are you?" He asked, enunciating every word.

"T-the closet." I chuckled half heartedly. "That sounds funny because I'm openly gay. Get it?"

He didn't laugh and I whimpered again. "It hurts."

"What? Luke...are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Mm so tired." I mumbled, everything was unfocused and I smiled as Ashton's voice rang through the phone again. At least I would die to the sound of one of my soulmates voices. If I closed my eyes, I could imagine he was right here, in the room, holding me, picking me up and bringing me to safety.

I winced at the pain, Michael jostled the wound as he picked me up. Wait...

"Michael...?" I mumbled, barely able to open my mouth to talk.

"I'm right here Luke, Calum's okay. Ashton's on his way, everything's gonna be okay, just keep your eyes open for me okay sweetheart? Just stay awake." I opened my eyes just a crack, he was crying. Sobbing.

"How did you find me...?" I asked, my speech was slow, it sounded like I was on the verge of falling asleep, and I was. I so badly wanted to just let my eyes close, but Michael told me not to, so I had I stay awake for him.

"Liam...where's Liam...?" I suddenly asked, needing to know.

"He's okay, he was in the room with us the whole time, so was Niall and Zayn." I shook my head. That couldn't be true, that means that guy wasn't Liam...

Who the hell was he then?

I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't feel my body, it was all numb. I let my eyes slip shut. "I'm sorry." I whispered to Michael, I didn't mean to fall asleep, I just couldn't fight it anymore.

"Luke? Luke! Luke no no no please wake up! We need an ambulance! Somebody call an ambulance! Please he's-" I heard Michaels cries and I tried to reach out to him but my body wouldn't listen to me.

That's when my hearing cut out and I fell into a dreamless...endless sleep.

Or so it felt.

So yeah. 30 votes and 5 comments for the next update.

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia