Chapter 22

Luke
"Now what?" Ashton asks as we all get into comfy clothes, Michael and Ashton insisting that me and Calum wear their shirts.

Calum looks at me and giggles. "Isn't it obvious?" He asks and I smile, grabbing Calum's hand.

"Hide and seek!" We both yell at the same time. Ashton and Michael both laugh but me and Calum keep a serious face, or try to.

"Wait your serious?" Michael asks and me and Calum nod.

"You start!" I yell and grab Ashton's hand as well, dragging them away.

I turn the corner and push Calum and Ashton. "Hide!" I whisper. Then I peak around the corner, Michaels still staring at the door with a confused expression. "Start counting!" I say and he smiles, shaking his head.

"1...2...3..."

"Eyes closed you cheater!" I yell and he chuckles, covering his eyes with his hands and starting over.

"1...2...3...4..."

I run up the stairs, quietly of course, and look around for a hiding spot, behind curtains and under the bed, but none of them work for me.

I finally find a room that's got random items in it, it almost looks like a storage room. I open up a little toy box and squeeze inside it, shutting the top and then just sitting there, waiting for a sign that someone's there.

"200! Ready or not here I come!" I barely hear him but I still stifle my giggle with my hand.

I wait for him to find me, playing with my fingers, then tracing little designs into the wood. It takes almost 5 minutes for him to find Ashton.

"You suck at this game jeeze!" I hear Michael say and then a thump as someone gets hit. "Shut up." Ashton says back. I giggle again, because I can imagine that perfectly, Michaels probably rubbing his arm if I'm correct.

I get bored just sitting there so I pull my phone out of my pocket, it's actually quite difficult, but then I unlock it and start playing flappy birds, giggling because I can practically hear Calum in my head saying that this game was so last year.

I accidentally drop my phone around the fifth time I died and I curse, covering my mouth quickly after. I hold my breath as I hear Michael and Ashton's voices far enough away that they wouldn't hear me, maybe 5 doors down.

I reach for my phone, hitting my head as I do. I pout and rub my head but then frown when I see a peice of paper under where my phone fell. I pick it up, getting out of the little box as I do.

It's a little map of the house.

And there's secret little doors around it.

I laugh evilly. I was going to be the king of hide and seek. I opened the door quietly, seeing Ashton and Michael go into the room 2 doors away from mine. I tip toe down the hall, past them and follow the little map to where it says there's a door.

It's a little panel, I have to crawl to fit in it, but that doesn't stop me. I crawl my way through the house, I end up winning that round. And the next. And the next. And the one after that, until all the others give up.

"Seriously where the heck are you hiding?" Calum asks with a huff and I shrug.

"I'm just that good, it's not my fault you guys keep giving up."

"You literally appear from mid air." Ashton says and I giggle.

"That's impossible." That makes him roll his eyes.

"Well I've had enough hide and seek." Michael grumbles and I smile. He's a sore loser.

"Hmmm what about..." I giggle and grab Calum's hand, he's my partner in crime after all. "Let's make a fort and watch movies."

"And cuddle! Don't forget cuddling." Calum adds. I nod.

"Right. And cuddling." Ashton and Michael sigh in relief.

"That's sounds great, I really just want to relax after today." Ashton mumbles.

"You and me both." I mutter, soft enough the boys didn't hear.

"Old man." Calum whispers and I giggle. Ashton smirks and goes to grab him but I get in the way.

"Run Cally!" I say, while laughing. He runs down the hall, down the stairs, to the living room I'm assuming.

We all head down to the living room, where Calum is hiding behind the couch, giggling like a maniac.

I can't help but laugh, his giggle is just contagious. "Wait! I have a better idea." I mumble and the boys all look at me, Calum peeking his head up from behind the couch as well. "Why don't we make home made pizza? Like from scratch? Because that sounds really cool." I say in excitement.

"That is a really good idea but...we don't have the ingredients. Maybe we can all go get them tomorrow and have the pizza for lunch?" Michael suggests, never one to turn down any suggestions of pizza.

"Are we gonna make that fort now?" Calum asks from behind the couch.

I nod happily and we all then run around to find blankets and pillows. We set them up in front of the couch, making the floor as comfy as possible before laying down and cuddling together while Ashton puts 'Finding Nemo' in.

I bury my face in Ashton's chest at the end, because I hate to admit but that movie makes me cry every time.

He plays with my hair and soon I start to become drowsy. It's hard to keep my eyes open and I cuddle even closer to him.

He starts to hum a tune and I can hear Calum and Michaels snores from behind me. "I'm glad you guys are here with me." I mumble.

"Me too baby boy." Ashton murmurs and kisses my forehead. "Now get some sleep, you need rest." I smile sleepily and let my eyes close, Ashton goes back to humming and it calms me.

It's too bad my dreams couldn't be as good as the real world at the moment. I woke up 2 times that night screaming my lungs out.

But the boys were there both times to calm me down and lull me back to sleep.

So another happy-ish chapter because it's been an emotional roller coaster.

You guys are the best readers ever though. Like seriously :) you guys are awesome.

I LOVE YOU BOO

So anyway...

30 votes and 10 comments for the next update.

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia