Chapter 28

Luke
At the end of every journey you change. Whether it be for the good or the bad, you still change.

And that's what I considered this...this whole experience. A journey.

It's like a book I once read. Actually it's like every book ever. The hero gets attacked by a evil force, or has to face an obstacle and he either comes out a winner or a loser. Either saving the princess or being eaten by the dragon on the way.

I felt like I was losing my battle.

I was going crazy. I was trying to keep everyone safe. But the problem is, I can't. I can't keep everyone safe when I can't even keep myself safe.

But I would still try. I would never stop trying to protect my loved ones.

So here I was. Still trying.

Running as fast as I could back to the house. My throat burning and my feet aching. My head still throbbing.

I had to save them. That's all I could think. I have to save them.

(Earlier that day)

I watched as Ashton and Michael walked through the store across the street from me. I was in a little record shop.

Someone bumped into me and I sighed and moved over slightly. Not even two minutes later someone pushed me slightly harder, definitely on purpose.

I looked up and my glare turned to fear as I was met with him.

And he was real. I wasn't imagining him this time.

"If you yell or make a sound than your two pretty boyfriends across the street will meet an unexpected fate." He mumbled, still thumbing through the records on the shelf, acting nonchalant.

I gulped and kept my mouth shut. "I'm going to give you an option between two choices and you are to choose one or I'll choose for you, nod if you understand." I nod, gulping.

He smiles. "Good. Now you can either come with me without a hassle or I'll take you by force." My eyes flicker around me, looking for a way out of this.

"Or I could pay the boys a visit instead?" He says, raising an eyebrow.

I shake my head, glaring at him. "You're not gonna lay a finger on them." I growled.

"I already have my friend." He mumbled so low I almost didn't catch it. I shook my head, he's lieing. He lied before...he had to be lieing now.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, my eye catching someone else's as she gave a curious glance my way.

She looked at the man in front of me and her eyes went wide. She must of recognized him, thank god. She slid to a corner and pulled out her phone, dialing what I can only hope is the cops, keeping her eyes on me and the man the whole time.

He lets out a bitter laugh, snapping my attention back to him. Right. I asked him a question.

"Your father and his ghastly friends." He mumbled and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"W-what do you mean my father?" I ask, stunned.

He rolled his eyes and sneered, "Your father and his buddies killed my soulmate. I'm only returning the favor."

"T-that doesn't make s-sense. Why go after his son?" I ask.

"He took what was precious to me, so I'll take what's precious to them. You were just too easy, so weak and fragile, and with so many soulmates too." I gulped and shook my head with wide eyes. My dad wasn't a murderer.

"Y-you're insane. You need help." I whisper, terrified. He grits his teeth and shakes his head.

"I'm only avenging my soulmate." He grips my arm and I feel cold metal press to my side. Then there's a click as he cocks his gun.

"You don't have to do this. I can-we can get you help, together. You don't have to do this alone. What happened is terrible but we can-"

"Shut up." He hisses.

"What was her name? Or him?" I ask.

"What?" He asks harshly and pushes me forward.

"What was your soulmates name?" I ask softly.

He stops moving, causing me to stop as well. He seems shocked I would ask.

"K-Kellin." He mumbles and I nod.

"I'm sure Kellin wouldn't want this-"

"You don't know what he would he wanted. Don't you dare even talk about him." He pressed the gun further into my side and I put my hands up slightly.

"Okay! Okay! I won't talk about him."

He seems to calm down until a loud siren starts to blare from outside. He growls and yells, pointing the gun up and shooting at the ceiling, causing everyone to duck down, including me.

"I'm sick of this game we're playing. I'm done with all of this. I've made your choice for you. Your soulmates it is." My eyes go wide and I lurch for him but he pushes me back.

I hit my head off a shelf and drop to the floor.

He runs out shooting while the cops try to run after him.

My head throbs as I stand up. Something starts running down my head. It's sticky and warm. I put my hand to my head and pull it back to look at, it's bright red with my blood.

I look across the street to see Michael and Ashton being ushered into the car, heading back to the house.

I run outside and my eyes widen in horror. The cops are running around like chickens without heads, looking for him.

But my eyes are locked on the back of my car. He's looking at me from the trunk. Waving and turning slowly to face the front where the boys are.

"Hey! Hey!" I yell trying to get the drivers attention, to no avail.

I turn to the cops and try to tell them but they push me away. "We're kinda busy here kid." They don't even look at me.

So I just turn and run. I run after the car, even though the odds of me making it in time to save the boys is very slim.

I don't care if I'm losing.

As long as my Soulmates win.

38 votes and 15 comments for the next update.

This story got me feeling all messed up right now.

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia