Chapter 4

Luke
"Why don't you come with us? We usually go to this little cafe after school." Calum asks.

"Yea we can all get to know you better and vise versa." Ashton says and I don't really know. Should I? Just a minute ago I was lying just to get away from them.

"Um...well I don't know. I wasn't lieing when I said I had to get home." Why am I still lieing?

"Oh...well maybe tomorrow?" Michael asked and he looked so hopeful. For some reason I found it extremely cute.

"Y-yeah. I mean I'm sure I can work something out." I had to look down at my lap because all three of them smile and I'm trying not to, it's actually quite a hard task.

"Well I-I gotta go." I say and before they can say anything else, I bolt up and run back to my car.

I go to turn my car on but realize I can't find my keys. I check my pockets and then rummage in my bag until there's a knock on my window.

A very unmanly scream escapes me and I turn to see Ashton smiling at me. I roll down my window and he hands me my keys.

"You dropped these." He says and my face heats up in embarrassment because he probably heard my girly scream and that I was lost my keys.

"T-thank you." I say and mentally curse myself for stuttering. Why the hell do I always stutter when they're around?

He gives me smile and I can't help myself, I smile back. I really want to poke his dimples. I realize how weird that sounds and once he's walked away I hit the steering wheel.

I'm weird.

-

Is it weird that just yesterday I hated Michael and Calum and now I can't wait till after school so I can hang out with them?

It's also weird how things can happen in just five minutes. Stupid really.

I impatiently tap my foot as I wait for the bell to ring so I can go to the cafe already.

I count down the minutes and it seems like they slow down with every tick of the hand.

Five minutes.

Four.

The teacher calls my name and I look up. She asks me a question I don't know the answer to and I just shrug.

Three.

She insists on me answering the question and I groan. I don't know lady! "Um I don't know."

"Maybe if you paid attention in my class you would." Is she joking? I always pay attention...except for now. But that's the first time!

Two.

I scrunch my eyebrows together. "Maybe if you wore a bra your boobs wouldn't look like daggers." I mutter, she gets on my nerves.

One.

"I heard that Hemmings. Detention." She said angrily. She can't do that can she?

"But there's one minute left of class!" I say and she just shrugs.

"I don't know what to tell you. Pay attention next time and maybe don't respect your teachers."

"More like elders." I mutter and she glares at me.

"I heard that too." Is she wearing her hearing aid or something today?

The bell rings.

Schools over.

"I have somewhere to be." I grumble as everyone files out of the classroom.

"Next time shut your mouth then." She says and I glare at here. Is she serious? Can she say this stuff?

I huff and sit back in my seat. I don't even have their numbers so I can't text them.

"Be quiet and do some homework or something. I'll be right back." She left and I sighed. This was stupid I didn't do anything.

I saw a head of blue hair walk by the door and I jumped up. I grabbed my bag and stuffed my notebook in it.

Then I grabbed my phone and ran to the door. I looked around to make sure the hag wasn't anywhere near here, I could see her turn the corner and I ran down the hall towards Michael.

"Mikey!" I yelled and he turned around, smiling when be noticed it was me.

I bent down to catch my breath and he gave me an amused look. "We gotta go!" I said and grabbed his arm just as I heard the clicking of heels on the floor.

I dragged him to my car and got in. "What are you doing?" He asked and I looked up to see him standing with the door open.

"Where's Calum?" I asked and he pointed to the school. I groaned and put my head down on the wheel.

"Can you text him? Please? Then we can go to the cafe thing you guys were talking about yesterday?" I asked. Michael smiled and finally got in the car, smiling so wide it looked like it hurt.

"Sure." He said and he pulled his phone out. A few minutes later Calum came running out and got in the back.

"Where is it?" I ask and they give me directions until we're parked in front of a cute little cafe.

"Ok. Um...c-can I have your guy's numbers? I mean so I can like text you guys when I need to and stuff..." Calum giggled and Michael smiled.

"Of course." I gave Michael my phone and he typed his number in then Calum's, then Ashton's.

He covered his mouth to hide a laugh and I gave him a weird look but took my phone back.

Your so hottttt🔥 I just want lick your abs😛

I blushed a bright red when I read what Michael had sent to Ashton.

"By the way, Ashton's already waiting for us inside." I glared at Michael but he just got out and walked inside.

My teacher has actually done that to me before and I was so mad.

Double update!

So read on my fellow 5SOS lovers.

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia