(36) The Quidditch Cup

The rest of the Gryffindor team entered the Great Hall the next day to an enormous applause. All of the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs had been clapping for them too as each one went down the hall. Florence was able to get ahold of both Fred and George, who smiled at her. "Good luck your game today, boys." she said, the two thanking her.

"Anything you would like to give me for good luck, Nic?" said George suggestively, obviously teasing. Nicolai couldn't whack him on the shoulder as both Fred and Florence were watching. Suppressing her irateness to the best of her abilities, she then leaned in and kissed George's cheek, managing to whisper a death threat during the short time.

"I swear I will kill you, Weasley."

"I'll be looking forward to it." he whispered back, winking at her one last time before he and George proceeded to walking the Gryffindor table with Fred. "PDA alert..." coughed Xander, Nicolai whacking him on the stomach.

"Guys," mumbled Florence, catching the other two's attention, "I have something I need to tell you." she confessed,

"Why do you sound like that?" said Nicolai, panicked. Florence frowned, "Why do I sound like what?"

"Like you're about to say something bad..." responded Alexander.

She shook her head, "No, it's nothing bad. It's just... My mystery person contacted me last night... And..." she trailed off, unsure of how they were going to take it. "He wants to meet me. In person." she said meekly, Nicolai's eyes growing wide, "Wait, he does?!" she asked incredulously, wondering if George knew about this.

"Well what did you say?" inquired Alexander. "I said yes, ofcourse. But, I think I acted on impulse, I mean, I'm nervous... And, and—"

"When exactly are you meeting him?" Nicolai cut off, frowning, "The night before all of us go home for the summer. He wants to meet at the clock tower."

"A bit scary for a meeting place, don't you think? What if he's really a serial killer and he'd shove you out of the clock tower and you'd fall to your death?" joked Alexander, who still looked absolutely drained despite his best efforts to stay awake. Florence shot him a look, "Don't be morbid, Xander."

"Do you really want to meet him, Flo?" Nicolai asked again, the brunette shaking her head, "I don't know... But I mean, shouldn't it be just about the right time. We've been in contact for the whole school year, I think it's enough time. But truthfully, I am kind of frightened... What if he isn't as great as I thought he was?"

"Well, you have a week to figure things out," said Xander as he fixed himself a bacon egg sandwich, "Right now we have to finish breakfast early if we want good seats at the stadium."

The three headed down to the Quidditch pitch rather early, only a few people present as they searched for the perfect seats. Alexander told them how relatively similar it was too a muggle football match they had in North America, only they didn't sell hotdogs and beverage during Quidditch games.

They had even smeared two streaks of red paint over each cheek, to blend in with the surroundings. All three of them looked like authentic Gryffindors, with the flags and rosettes that they had gotten from people who were handing them out.

Eventually, the Gryffindor team walked out onto the field to a tidal wave of noise. Three quarters of the crowd was wearing scarlet rosettes, waving scarlet flags with the Gryffindor lion upon them, or brandishing banners with slogans like "GO GRYFFINDOR!" and "LIONS FOR THE CUP!" Behind the Slytherin goal posts, two hundred people were wearing green; the silver serpent of Slytherin glittered on their flags, and Professor Snape sat in the very front row, wear- ing green like everyone else, and a very grim smile.