(97) Going Home

"Are you sure she has to leave?" Sirius asked Jane for what felt like the hundredth time, about fifty as soon as Jane had woken up, but still did not cease to convince his friend to not send Florence back home. Jane sighed, annoyed, "Sirius, don't make me go grizzly bear on you. And yes, we are. Whether you like it or not. She has friends, you know, who will be suspicious if she's gone for the whole summer. Plus, she's bored. She told me not to tell you."

"Boring?!" Sirius feigned an offended scoff, "The Most Noble and Ancient House of Black? Boring? Never. We have a great game called Shut Up the Banshee That Is My Wretched Mother. How could she possibly be bored?"

"Aw, you already miss me when I haven't even left yet," Florence chuckled as she walked in to the room to witness Sirius' complaining, "Don't worry. I'll write to you. Every other day if you want me to."

"Fine," he caved in, "As long as you promise to do that. And you take care of yourself, young lady. I'll be asking for updates from time to time."

"Merlin, he sounds like a detective." Florence said, before hugging him tightly, "Stop worrying about it. I'll be fine. And I won't be alone in the house while mum works. I plan on starting my sleepover with Nic and Xander the minute I got home. I already told them to pack their stuff."

"Stop hogging the hugs, Sirius," Remus cleared his throat, "You're not the only one who's going to miss the girl."

"Wait your turn, Moony." Sirius remarked, giving her one last squeeze before letting go. "Florence," Remus smiled, "I'll see you very soon, darling. Take care." he said, before taking her in to her arms.

Sloan and Julien were not present to see her head out, but the promise of future visits to the Manor was still there. Molly had snuck a whole batch of her homemade fudge into Florence's belongings, saying how incredibly nice it was to have spent time with her. Fred and George were restraining themselves from hiding her in a closet so that she wouldn't have to go home.

"Don't be ridiculous," she said pointedly, "After a few weeks, I'll see you two on the train." Florence hugged George, "Love you, Georgie."

"And me?" Fred scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest at the lack of affection. Florence had an impish grin on her face, standing on her toes to pat his head, "I'll see you in a few weeks, gingerhead."

"That," he pointed out, as Florence sashayed away from the pair, "Is not fair. Is she really leaving without a kiss?"

"Seems like," George laughed.

Jane, Florence and their house elf Emmy, walked a few blocks away from Grimmauld Place, before apparating in a rather vacant alleyway. There was a familiar crack, and Florence felt herself being sucked through time and space, the scenery changing before her eyes within seconds. "Ah, home sweet home," Florence smiled, taking her bag from Emmy's arms, "It's okay, I can carry it."

"Word of warning," said Jane, as soon as they were within the gates and by the front porch, "Nicolai and Alexander are inside—"

"FLORENCE!" They heard someone shriek, as soon as the door cracked open a bit. An overly enthusiastic brunette tackled her to the ground, the two toppled over with a terrible crash. "Ouch," Florence groaned, "I think you broke one of my bloody ribs, Nic."

"Oh who cares," she said dismissively, "You left me with Xander for two bloody months. He's been torturing me with being excessively boring." Nicolai huffed, getting on her feet before pulling Florence up from the floor.

"Speaking of which, where is Xander?"

"Oh, he's raiding your pantry for some marmalade—" they heard a harsh clattering noise from the kitchen, making Jane sigh, "I'm going to have to leave you lot alone, as I have work in a few hours. Please clean up whatever messes you make."