(126) Wiped

Fred's face paled, looking around at the others in sheer panic, "She can't remember us? What happened? What's going on?"

"I don't know," Nicolai was also in panic mode, "Must be all the medication getting to her head. Or slight amnesia—"

"Slight amnesia? She can't remember any of us! What's so slight about that?" His paranoia caused a mini outburst, Nicolai scoffing at him, "Hey, calm down. I'm just as worried as you are, yeah?

"Give her some space, maybe." George suggested, everyone backing away from Florence's bedside, her hazel eyes clouded with genuine panic and confusion. She looked around, seeing the white walls and the other beds, a thought dawning upon her, "Rowena's sake...Where am I?"

"Oh my god..." Cho muttered, "I've had the most head injuries in the team but I've never had it this bad."

"I knew her little conversation with Montague before the game would go bad." Roger sighed, "I just knew it."

Florence frowned, not understanding what the hysteria around her was all about. She stared at Cho, then at Roger, "Who are you?"

"Oh god." Nicolai said again, "What do we do? What do we do?"

"I swear I'll get that stupid Montague..."

"I'll go get Madame Pomfrey," Xander said, not being able to endure seeing Florence in the state she was in any longer, "Maybe she can tell us what's happening."

"Hurry!" Fred called out, taking Florence's hand in his, his thumb drawing circles against the back of her hand, "It's okay. Whatever this is, it probably won't last very long. We'll fix you right up."

She stared at his hand holding hers, transfixed on his actions as if she was seeing a three headed purple dragon, "I really don't know who you are, and I don't think it's right to hold a stranger's hand so intimately..." she said, Fred raising his brows, "Intimately...?"

"Yeah," Memory-less Florence said, gesturing to their intertwined fingers, "Hand holding is intimate. But..."

"But what?"

A blush creeped onto her cheeks, "You're pretty cute yourself, so, honestly I don't really mind."

He stared at her incredulously, the others bursting out into fits of laughter, startling Florence, "Did, did I say something weird?" she turned to Fred frantically, "Y-you, you have a girlfriend, don't you? Will she mind that you're holding my hand?"

A smile spread across Fred's face, before he queezed her hand lightly in reassurance, "I don't think she'll mind one bit. Truth is, you are so much like her."

"Really?" she muttered, feeling genuinely discouraged that the cute ginger boy who was being awfully nice to her was taken. She glanced up at George, a hopeful look on her face, "Is your twin brother taken, too?"

George blinked, rather horrified as Fred gave him a 'don't even think about it' look.

"Oh man!" Nicolai gasped for air in mid laughter, "This is hilarious. Florence, you're a gem."

"Um...thank you...?"

Fred shot the other brunette a look, "Tone it down, will you? We shouldn't stress her out too much. We still don't know what's wrong with her..."

"What? I'm just having a bit of fun. Flo wouldn't mind. Honestly, I could guarantee that she'd do the exact same thing to me if we were to switch positions."

Florence turned to Nicolai, a questioning look sent her way, "Are you his girlfriend?"

"Heavens no." Nicolai almost cringed away from her bedside, "Even if I was single, I'd never date either of them."