(171) Sixteen Years

The doors of St. Mungo's were thrown open forcefully, a frantic Fred Weasley heading to the front desk to ask for information about Florence, a worried George trailing behind him. The healer was confused, looking through the charts and not finding anyone with the last name 'Price' admitted. Fred looked confused, convincing the healer to look again as he was sure that she was here. Nicolai had owled him, and told him to meet Florence in St. Mungo's, which sent his sanity down a spiral. The healer was just about to tell him again that there was no 'Florence Price' admitted in their records for the day when Nicolai came in to view, a puzzled look on her face at the sight of the Weasley twins, both red in the face.

"Did you... did you two run here?" she asked nonchalantly, before taking a sip from the coffee cup in her hands. Fred looked tense. "Only half a block. What room is Florence in?"

Nicolai blinked back at them, "She's not in a room."

George frowned, "But you asked us to come here and see her."

She shook her head, "No. I told you to meet her here. Florence is fine. No cuts, no broken bones. She just needs some company. Apparently that mission has dug up some more life-shattering revelations."

Fred sighed exasperatedly, "You didn't think to mention that first in your letter?!"

"We were worried sick!" George added

"I'm sorry. I forgot how dangerous that mission supposedly was when it wasn't. No death eater, whatsoever." Nicolai tilted her head to a direction, "She's sitting along that hallway. Julien and Sloan are there too."

Fred and George proceeded down the hallway, before seeing Florence and Julien on the waiting chairs, while Sloan was leaning against a wall. They approached the scene slowly, the three of them looking tense.

"Hello, love." Fred smiled at Florence, who launched herself off of her seat and in to her fiancé's arms, "I've missed you so much," she whispered into the crook of his neck, hugging him as though her life depended on it.

George greeted Julien and Sloan, "So Nicolai said there was some life-shattering revelation in there?"

Julien nodded, "We found Matthew Edgecomb. He is my Uncle Gabriel's best friend."

Sloan practically snarled at this, "He was. Before he decided to disgrace Gabriel and join the Death Eaters." George had never seen Sloan this mad before. Florence broke apart from her hug with Fred, handing him a folder, "They found my file in the same room where he was being held."

Fred frowned, "Why was it there?"

"He was going after her, obviously!" Sloan half yelled, taking the file from Fred, "It wasn't enough disgracing Gabriel apparently. Now he wanted to kill his child. The bastard." he started pacing, hands clenched in his side as he did so.

Shortly after, a Healer came out of the room, informing them that the patient was now conscious enough to receive visitors. Sloan stormed in to the room, rage boiling over. Julie and Florence followed suit, afraid of what he would do without supervision.

The man, Matthew, frowned at the sight of the older Price brother, "Sloan...?"

He laughed hollowly, "Long time no see, Edgecomb. Though I was hoping that we wouldn't cross paths again anymore. You traitorous fuck."

"Easy, Dad." Julien warned, making Matthew turn to him, a smile appearing on his face, "This one's yours and Kora's... Isn't it? He has her eyes-"

"You shut your mouth." Sloan seethed, "You can't talk to him, or look at him. Do you understand?"