(157) Over Ice Cream

Florence had been discharged a week later, coming out of the hospital in her favorite shirt and jeans, her torso still heavily wrapped with bandage, and was also wheeled around almost everywhere that day. She did not like the fact that she was unable to do the normal things she used to be able to do by herself, such as go up and down the stairs or get food for herself. Despite this, she has kept herself from outwardly expressing her frustration, per Fred's help, who soothed her by reminding her that the whole ordeal was merely temporary.

Despite being home, she barely talked to Sirius or Sloan, knowing that the two would use every possible interaction to coerce her in to quitting her Auror training. Sirius' outburst her hospital room made his feelings about Florence's profession clear, and right now, she did not want to deal with it at all.

So there she was, that cloudy Thursday afternoon, her wheelchair parked beside one of the couches in the living room, her nose buried in a book Fred had gotten for her from her mother's library, not focused enough on the book that her mind had wandered elsewhere. Getting frustrated with the silence, she closed the book and set it down on her lap.

"What is it?" Fred asked immediately, who had been sitting on the couch across from her. Florence sighed, and rubbed her face with her hand in an exasperated manner, "How long until I get out of this damned chair?"

"A couple more days, I think. Remember Jill said they want to give it time to heal completely."

"I was in that hospital for three weeks plus. I think its done enough healing, thanks."

"I know you're bored--"

"You're damn right I am."

"--but you have to wait a few more days, darling. I promise it won't be long." he said, going over to sit beside her, "Then you can walk to your heart's content."

"I want to go back to work," she sighed, "I want to go back to training. Spar with Hadley. I miss Hadley."

"Julien told me that Hadley had to go back to her family for a bit, just until the month long leave of absence is finished. I'm sure she misses you too." Fred reassured. "Look, maybe we can make her some of your cookies and have Alanna take it to her tomorrow? So that she'll know you're thinking of her."

"I want to see her in training." She said stubbornly.

Fred looked at her sympathetically, "I know you feel useless, but I promise you, you'll be up and running in no time."

"Fine." she sighed once, more, moving to pick up her book, only for the door to swing open.

Remus walked in, a wide smile on his face, with Tonks in tow. The two had appeared to be holding hands, however, they broke apart at the sight of company. "Oh, Fred. Florence. You two are here."

"Yes," Florence said, holding back her laughter, "I hope you don't mind?"

"Oh no, not at all," he said, his cheeks now a light shade of pink, while Tonks tried to tiptoe her way out of the scenario.

"Nice to see you, Tonks." Fred quipped in before she could get far, making her freeze in place, "Likewise, Fred.... Well, er, I'll be going now. I just, uh, wanted to make sure Remus got home safe... uh, not like he's incapable of taking care of himself, it's just.. you know... better safe than sorry."

"Uh huh," Florence and Fred said in unison, making Remus blush even more.

Tonks rushed out the door, while Remus speed-walked his way to his room. Once the two were out of earshot, Fred and Florence looked at each other briefly before laughing, "Wow, was that weird or what?"