(128) Future

Unfortunately, for everybody in the DA, Harry was forced to push back their next Patronus session, as Angelina could not stress enough how important it was that all her players weren't preoccupied in anything else, as their second match of the year, which was against Ravenclaw was fast approaching. As soon as Florence was given the ok by Madame Pomfrey to go back out into the field, she, too, grew busy, whipping her team up to shape.

She paced around infront of her team, both hands on her hips, "As much as I hate to admit it, Gryffindor has always been our toughest competitor. In my time playing for this team, I don't think we've ever actually won against them."

"So..." Ivy said tentatively, "We're screwed, is what you're saying, basically?"

"Definitely." confirmed Jeremy.

"No, no we're not screwed," Florence retorted, "I was going to say that this year we might have a shot at winning this game. See, they had to abruptly replace three of their best players, and according to a source, they're still training one of their beaters. And their keeper...as we all know...is struggling a bit."

"A bit? He was lousy." Anthony snickered.

"He was distracted. Those Slytherins made him feel bad by writing that godawful song. But just because they have several new players, I absolutely discourage that you underestimate their capabilities in working as a team." she told them sternly, ceasing her pacing to emphasize her words, "Remember. They won the house cup last time. We need to step up our game."

"So...what's the game plan?"

A wide grin spread across Florence's face, picking up a jotter that she had set down on the grass "Glad you asked. After Angelina raised her concerns about Quidditch practice, I knew she was planning some hardcore strategies. So, I spent the whole night devising some of our own."

Cho raised her hand, Florence regarding it with a nod, "Yes?"

"Okay, so I know you're friends with that Elisabeth Branson girl, but I don't think it would be wise to still have her over while we're going over game strategies. We never know...she might..er...tattle..."

"She won't be around for practices anymore, like she's been for most. I'm happy that all of you have been patient and generous enough in sharing the pitch. Angelina and I have talked about it, so it's all good."

"Okay," Florence flips open her jotter, "Gameplans," she said once more, which commenced her tirade of strategic talks, a flurry of hand gestures pitched in as she talked in order to emphasize more things. Her team listened carefully, afraid they might miss something due to Florence talking extremely fast. By the time she was finished, she was nearly breathless, looking over to her audience with a slight smile, "So... any questions...?"

"Yeah, uh," Anthony said, "Could you repeat, like, everything? Didn't quite catch it." he joked, Florence flashing him a stern look, Anthony immediately suspending his arms up, "Hey, I was just kidding."

"Better not kid..." Cho murmured to him, "This is her captain mode. She's never been this serious before..."

"Well, damn."

As per usual, the team started off their practice with their laps around the pitch, before partnering up and testing their arm strength. She noticed Ivy was getting better at blocking the rings, applying new tactics since their first ever practice as a team. Her beaters were sharp in both offense and defense, just like she wanted. By the end of the afternoon, Florence was beaming with pride, and the prospects of winning against Gryffindor didn't sound too farfetched anymore.

"Hey you," a voice called out to her as she was locking up equipment. A smile bloomed on her face at the sight of Fred, his cheeks twinged with a little pink from the cold breeze, "How'd practices go?"