(158) Nostalgia

For Nicolai, Florence, and Alexander, it was a weird thing not bustling about busily in attempts to get all their stuff, as well as themselves, ready during what was supposed to be train day. They found themselves unsure of what to do that day, so both Florence and Nicolai had apparated to the only place they knew they were sure to find a busy body during this day.

"Nicolai, please stop staring me, you're making me feel uncomfortable,"  Asher groaned, pausing his last minute packing to chastise the brunette, who had her gaze fixated intently on him, all the while reminiscing in her head.

"Don't mind me, just keep packing," she dismissed, taking a big swig from her coffee mug. Florence chuckled at this, swiveling around in her chair to face Mrs. Haddlowe, who was packing Asher a whole meal to eat on the train ride. "I'm awfully sorry we barged in on you this early, Melanie. We just wanted to see Asher go off to Hogwarts for nostalgia's sake."

"Nonsense. The pair of you are welcome here anytime you please." Mrs. Haddlowe smiled, before zipping up the lunch box, "Isn't it fascinating how time flies by so fast? Before we know it, Asher's going to be going on his last Train day too."

"Oh don't say that, Asher still has ages before that happens." Florence said, "He should enjoy every second of this."

"Is Divination really as fun as they say?" He asked out loud, Nicolai and Florence nodding their heads in response, "All the fortune telling is amusing. And Professor Trelawney is a nutjob, so that's a plus."

"Don't they have Firenze teaching it now, too?"" Inquired Florence.

"Oh right. I don't know if they're teaching two separate classes or teaching together."

"Well, regardless, I'm sure Asher would love Divination," Alexander quipped in, catching a bit of the conversation as he descended down the stairs, Asher's trunk in tow, "Do you have everything in here?" he asked his brother, who nodded in response, before zipping up his duffel bag, "I think I'm ready."

"No you're not." said Mrs. Haddlowe, "you forgot your Nimbus broomstick in the kitchen"

This made Asher frown, "But I don't have a Nimbus broomstick," he said in confusion.

"Pretty sure you do, pal. Check it out."

His face lit up like a child on Christmas morning, racing to the kitchen as soon as what Mrs. Haddlowe had been hinting at had clicked in his brain, "Merlin's beard!" the other three heard him yell as his mother followed him into the kitchen to witness his reaction, "It's even the latest model! Dri is the best!"

"Aw," Florence cupped a hand to her mouth in her excitement, "He's trying out for the team..."

"He's been hinting at it all summer, it was unbelievably exhausting," Xander chuckled, "So of course, Adrianna had to buy him a broom. She's more excited about the thought of Asher playing Quidditch than Asher is."

"Gryffindor has a lot of vacant slots now too that nearly half of their team's graduated," Florence said, "He could be a beater or a Chaser."

"Safer to be a Chaser."

This made Florence snort, "No, not necessarily."

"I'm ready!" Asher yelled, racing out of the kitchen with his new broomstick in hand, an even more enthusiastic smile on his face, "Come on! I don't want to be late for the train!"

"Thank you again for doing this," said Mrs. Haddlowe, "You lot take care, okay? Asher, please behave. I have to get ready for work now or I'll be late."

"No problem, Mrs. H. We'll take it from here." Said Nicolai, picking up Asher's seemingly light duffel bag, only for her to grunt in surprise, not anticipating its weight, "God, what do you have in here? Cinderblocks?"