(120) Plans

"So you're telling me, there's no amount persuading that will make you change your mind?" Florence heard Adrianna ask her for atleast the twentieth time ever since she had stepped foot inside the Haddlowes' residence. The professional Quidditch player was still dressed in plaid pajama bottoms and a loose cotton shirt. Alexander informed her that all Adrianna seemed to do during her time off was sleep and sleep all day.

"Dri, I appreciate that you really believe that I'm going to be a great addition to the Holyhead Harpies, but, as much as I would love to play Quidditch professionally, I-I already have my heart set out on being an Auror."

"Heart set out already?" Nicolai said through a mouth full of caramel popcorn, which Mrs. Haddlowe had set down on the living room table for them to eat, "Didn't you just make that decision like...a month ago?"

"Yeah but... I know it's what I'm meant to do." she replied, shooting Nicolai a look,

"Well that really sucks," Adrianna pouted, "Don't get me wrong, Flo. But I really was looking forward to having you in the team when they turn over Captaincy to me next year."

"Wait...what?!"

"Yeah. When I said they were looking for recruits to replace those who were retiring after next year's League, I meant Gwenog was. And Tania Gatsby. She personally selected me to be Captain when she retires."

"That's amazing news, Dri! I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks! But you know, it would have been better if you had your application form filled out and turned in for me with a big red bow."

"There are plenty of other people out there who would kill for that job. I'm sure you'll find better people."

She chuckled, "I don't believe there's anyone better than you, Florence Price."

"As flattering as that it, I highly doubt it..." she paused, an idea popping into her head. Florence swiveled around to look at Xander, "What about Olivia?"

He raised his brows at her, "What about Olivia?"

"Who's Olivia?" Adrianna frowned, puzzled.

Xander shot Florence a look of pure urgency, making her clamp her mouth shut, understanding that he didn't want his sister knowing about her just yet. But Nicolai hadn't seen the look on his face, which caused her to drop the bomb on Adrianna herself, as she emerged from the kitchen with another bowl filled to the brim with popcorn.

"Olivia Banks. Black-haired, feisty Hufflepuff, Xander's girlfriend." she plopped down onto the couch, noticing the horrified look on Xander's face, making her frown, "What's wrong with you?"

The pure, astonished look on Adrianna's face answered Nicolai's question, "Oh...she, she didn't know about her?"

"I didn't." Adrianna said, turning to her younger brother, "Why didn't you tell me? You always tell me about the girls you like."

"No I don't. You pry and find things out by yourself. And I never tell you things because you'd start acting like it's such a big deal."

"Well ofcourse who you're dating is a big deal." Adrianna retorted, "Each girl could be a potential sister-in-law of mine, and I'd want to get to know them better."

"Oh my god." Xander groaned, "See? You're making a big deal out of this." 

"Wait, hang on." Adrianna paused, "What happened to that Devereaux girl? When did you stop dating her?"

Nicolai almost instinctively started to choke on her food, coughing violently as Xander, too, looked rather uncomfortable with the subject at hand. Florence stepped in, clearing her throat loudly, "So I was saying, Dri. Olivia Banks—Xander's girlfriend—she's a pretty good Quidditch player too."