Chapter 15

Katherine

I should push him away. But I didn't. I found myself responding to his kiss.

Cheers and applause rang around us.

A moment later he pulled away, resting his forehead against mine.

"Why did you do that?" I said, my face burning with embarrassment. And I should be mad. But damn it, I'm not.

"To stop that, "we're just friends" bullshit you just pulled right now," he said scowling at me.

"It's not bullshit. We are..."

"If you say friends again, I'm really going to give them a show," he threatened.

"You wouldn't!" I hissed.

"Wouldn't I?"

I glared at him.

"Told you she's perfect for him," a familiar voice said.

We turned and found Katie standing there with a grin and a smug look on her face.

"You two owe me a hundred bucks," she said.

Damien and Derek simply grinned and pulled out a hundred dollars each.

"Well now that's settled, come on. Let's enjoy the rest of the night," she said.

I sighed.

What have I gotten myself into?

Dylan

"She's a firecracker," my brother Damien said.

I snorted. "You have no idea," I said. "And if you flirt with her again, brothers or not, I'm gonna hurt you," I said.

He laughed. "You can try," he smirked.

I was about to come up with a response when, "Look," I said, nodding towards my sister Katie and Dave who seem to be in another heated quarrel.

Damien groaned and sighed. "I swear those two," he said in exasperation.

"When I was at mom and dad's they were arguing and then Katie told Dave to butt out of her business," I said. "Is she seeing someone anew? Is everything okay with her?"

Damien shook his head. "I don't think so. Katie's been working at Aunt Liv's studio, she has no time for that."

"Then what were they talking about?" I asked.

"How would I know? You know Katie. If she wants to keep something from us, she does."

I sighed.

I watched the scene play out in front of me.

Katie was about to walk away, but Dave stopped her, and pulled her into his arms.

I frowned.

"She'll tell us when she's ready," I heard Damien say. "We both know her, if we push and ask her questions before she's ready, the more she'll hide whatever it is that's going on," he said.

I looked back, Dave still had my sister in his arms.

Katherine