Chapter 32

Dylan

He nodded. "When are you planning to tell mom and dad about this?" He asked.

"As soon as possible. They need to know what's going on, but I want to make sure Katherine is ready. She's my priority and her needs and what's best for her comes first," I said.

He nodded.

"By the way, I hate to ask, but has Dave talk to you lately?"

He frowned. "No. Why?"

"I've seen Dave and Katie arguing a couple of times. I was just wondering if Dave talked to you about what's going on between them," I said.

Nate shook his head. "He hasn't talked to me about anything."

I nodded.

"Those two needs to seriously work it out and just admit they love each other," Nate said in exasperation.

I chuckled. "Tell me about it."

"Dave's been in love with Katie for years and the idiot is hellbent on fighting it."

"Do you know why?" I asked.

"Hell if I know," he said.

"He better not hurt my sister, because brothers or not, he and I are going to have problems," I said.

"He knows that and I think that's part of the reason why he continues to distance himself from Katie."

"Well if he ever does ask you, you can tell him he has my blessing," I said. "I want my sister to be happy and we all know that Katie has had a crush on Dave since she was a little girl," I said. We've always known she had a huge crush on Dave, but Dave was twenty at the time, much too old for her, and he didn't return the feelings because that would have been fucking messed up. Besides, we all saw it as innocent. A young girl's crush. One that she would eventually grow out of. However, we were wrong. Katie's feelings for Dave developed and grew stronger as she grew older. The good things is, Dave never saw her in that way. At least not until my sister was much older.  I know that since my sister has blossomed into a beautiful woman, his feelings for her has changed. But like a typical man, he's fighting it at every turn, which is only hurting the both of them, as well as wasting time, when they could both be happy.

Now that my sisters at the right age, there's no reason for them not to pursue a relationship. I have a feeling theirs is something worth fighting for. If only they would get over their damn pride and ego. Even if Katie won't tell me, I know that something happened between those two that made my sister start avoiding him. I just hope they are able to get past it.

"Remember Allan?" Nate suddenly asked.

"Huh?"

"Allan with Bella. Remember?"

"How can I forget?" I chuckled.

"He was a stubborn one to."

"I'm just glad things worked out for him and Isabella," I said.

"I still can't believe it sometimes," Nate commented.

"What?"

"How things worked out for us. Sometimes I feel like it's all a dream. I never imagined being this happy."

"Love of a good woman will do that to you," I said.

"Damn right," he said, as we clunked our bottles together, as we chuckled.

"What are you two chuckling about?" Lia said, as the two them joined us.

"We were just saying how a love of a good woman does wonder to a man's heart," Nate said, winking.