Chapter 41

Dylan

"I don't know about this, Dyl. This seems to good to be true. It doesn't make sense," Nate said after I told him about the arrest.

I frowned.

"The pieces don't fit together," he added.

I took a moment to think about everything and all the information we had.

I sank to my seat. "Damn it. You're right. I wanted it to be true so badly that I ignored the feeling I had in my gut when they told me about the arrest."

"I want to know about the person who made that phone call," Nate said.

"He could be the one behind all of this," I said.

Nate nodded.

"I haven't eased up on security not even after I learned of the arrest. That should have told me what I needed to know."

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Dyl. We all want this to be over that we'd hang on to any sign of it being well and truly over."

"He just made his first mistake," I pointed out.

Nate nodded. "I'll make the calls right away."

"Thanks."

Katherine

"Oh," I gasped, as I bumped into something hard. "Sorry," I said automatically.

I looked up then recognized the man as the same man I bumped into a few days ago.

"Is this faith or what?" He joked.

I laughed softly. "Sorry again."

"No apologies necessary. It's my pleasure. It's not everyday that I bump into a beautiful woman," he said.

I smiled. "Well, see you around," I said, wanting to escape this awkward situation and flirtatious man.

Pedro

God. I felt my cock harden at the sight and smell of her.

She smells fantastic.

"Hold on," I said, grabbing her arm.

She looked back at me, then down at my hand holding her arm, the back to my face again.

"I just found you. You can't leave me again so soon..." I said, then smirked. "Katya," I added.

I watched the blood drain on her face as realization dawned on her.

Before she could scream, I pulled her to me and pointed a knife at her.

"Talk and I kill you and your whore of a friend," I sneered.

Dylan

I called Katherine but her phone went straight to voicemail.

Panic started to set it but I pushed it away and called Jack.

"Jack, is Katherine with you?" I asked.

"She went down to the cafeteria Sir."

I felt my heart drop. "Did she leave her phone there?" I asked even though I already know the answer.

"No, sir."

"How long has she been gone?" I asked.

"About five minutes sir."

Fuck.

I quickly told Nate what's going on.

"Call the police, and lockdown the hospital," he ordered without hesitation.