Chapter 23

Dylan

As I looked at the time for the hundredth time, missing Red like crazy, I was tempted to call her and ask her when she was coming home. But I stopped myself from doing so, because I know that I should be happy that she's out tonight, enjoying herself. Having some much deserved girl time.

I chuckled at myself.

Girl time?

I shook my head.

I've got it bad.

I was about to go to the kitchen when my phone started ringing.

It was Jack.

I answered immediately.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Sir, we've got a situation," he said.

My heart immediately dropped.

"What's wrong? Is Katherine okay?"

"I drove Ms. West to her apartment and when we got here, the door was ajar.  The apartment was ransacked."

"Stay on the line. I'm on my way," I said, not waiting to hear more.

"Is she okay? Is Katherine okay? I need to talk to her," I said. I need to hear her voice.

"Sir, I just called the police and they're on their way. Ms. West has lost consciousness, and I called you right away..." Fuck! "I've laid her down on the couch," he said.

"Was she hurt?"

"No, sir. I believe she was shaken up by what she saw and what happened."

"I'll be there as soon as I can," I said, ending the call, while gunning the engine, and driving off to Katherine's apartment.

I arrived at her apartment in record time.

Police cars and an ambulance parked in front of the complex.

Their were police officers interviewing a few people, I moved quickly to get past them, but a couple of officers stopped me.

"My girlfriend is in there. Ms. West. I need to see her," I said.

The officer nodded and let me in.

I didn't bother taking the elevator, I ran up the stairs and to her door.

"Where is she?"

"Sir, you can't be in here..." One of the officers said.

"She's my girlfriend," I said.

He stopped and let me in.

"Katherine?"

Fuck.

The apartment was a mess.

My eyes caught her and I rushed to her.

She was being checked by a paramedic. An oxygen mask on her face.

She turned towards me.

She looked so scared that I was so angry at whoever did this. And angry at myself not being by her side.

She jumped up and ran to me.

I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm here... I'm here now," I soothed.

I breathed a sigh of relief, now that I'm holding her in my arms.

That's when I noticed the writing on the wall.