It's such a waste

Today was Friday, means only one more day of work and then two days of just laying around in my PJ's and watching "Adventure Time" till late at night!

Great plans for a 26-year-old, right?
But hey... I'd need too much energy for anything else.

The relaxing weekend plans always in the back of my head, I passed the floors of "ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRIES" more cheerful than yesterday.... or the day before that... or the day before THAT.

"Uhm... excuse me?", I heard a male voice behind me and felt a finger tipping lightly against my upper arm.
I turned my head quickly, a stack of letters in my arms and saw a man, not that much older than me standing in the middle of the floor and looking down at a piece of paper.

"Yes?", I asked back

"I...I'm looking for... Mr. Darley's office", the man in front of me looked up form the paper in his hands and smiled warmly.

His eyes wandered form mine to his paper and back whilst his long and black hair hung lazily over his shoulders.

"Mr. Darley? His office is on the 6th floor.", I said, then nodded towards the letters in my hand, "actually I have a letter to give him. Come with me, I'll bring you to his office"

The smile on the man's face grew even wider and I could see the relief in his eyes.

"Oh god thank you", he breathed out, "I was totally lost. And I'm 5 minutes too late for my interview already!"

"Don't worry. Mr. Darley really doesn't mind.", I said while we were getting into the elivator.
I pushed down the cold metal button with a small "6" on it.

"So... you've got an interview?", I asked to break the awkward silence between us.

Black-Head nodded, "Yes I sent in an application for the job as an assistant for... something last week and Mr. Darley wanted to see me for an interview"

"I see. Well... welcome to the company I guess. I'm Gerard, Gerard Way"

"I'm Bert McCracken"

We shook hands and I couldn't help but notice his slightly rough fingers.

Bert probably played guitar or something.

"It's really nice to meet you. I'm sure your interview will be alright", I assured and stepped out of the elivator that had just opened the doors on the 6th floor

"I hope so...", Bert seemed kind of nervous and I had to smile, because he reminded me of myself on my first day here.
I was too late too, the subway had a 10 minutes delay

But I soon realised that I didn't have anything to worry about

And I was sure that Bert wouldn't have any problems either.

We walked down the hallway until I stopped in front of a light grey door that had the number "276" on it.

"There we go", I smiled and knocked on the wooden door, only to open it once I've heard Mr. Delay shout "come in!"

I held the door open for Bert to step in first and followed right after.

"I've got a letter for you Mr. Delay. From Russia.", I gave him the white envelope and stepped back, "and I brought Bert here. He seemed kind of lost"

Mr. Delay looked at the address on the letter and threw it on his desk before he smiled warmly at me and nodded.

"That's great. Thank you Gerard. You can go now", he said and turned to Bert who was standing quietly next to me