Chapter 14 - Comfort.

Lennon.

"Good for you." I rolled my eyes at his cringe worthy statement. Was it supposed to make me swoon or something? If it was, it didn't work.  

I turned to look out the car window and rested my forehead on the cold glass. I closed my eyes, the recent thoughts made my body shudder. I had no idea what was going to happen now. Are there going to be people hunting me down like a rare specimen? Am I number one on their wanted list? Am I really that important? Surely enough people have lost their lives, one more would just be over kill. But I didn't exactly know the first thing about gangs, let alone what they got up to and who they killed.  

I just wanted to go home, wrap myself up in my duvet and snuggle into my pillows with a cup of tea in one hand and good book in the other. But we were heading the opposite way to my house, and wherever I was being taken I was sure there were no good books there. Dom would probably send out a search party for me, Jason and Emma wouldn't notice, or wouldn't care. But I wouldn't be missing them, no matter where I was being driven. 

"Most girls would be happy with a compliment." I could sense Harry's glaring eyes on my skin, but I failed to open my own. 

"I'm sure you use the same lines with every girl." I muttered half-heartedly back to him. 

"I've never known a girl to knock out two guys with a rolling pin, so you're wrong on that one."

"What ever Harry."

"Are you mad at me?" He asked sincerely. I finally opened my eyes as we pulled up to a set of traffic lights. I looked him directly in the eye before turning my head back around. He sighed out exasperatedly. "What the hell are you mad at me for?"

"Nothing." I spat.

"Why do girls always say nothing when it's always something!" 

"Why are boys always so oblivious?" I murmured. 

"Are you mad because we didn't get there on time?"

"No. Well yes. But no." 

"What?"

"Harry bloody hell. How can you act so normal right now?" I raised my voice, slapping my hands on the seat for more effect. I looked over at him, rage pouring through my pores. "You're not even acting a little abnormal, you're throwing compliments at me. What the hell?"

"What's so wrong with complimenting you? Is it really such a crime?" He retorted sarcastically.

"Right now it is! One of my friends is dead and another is missing and you're acting as if nothing has happened. Harry I was almost killed, I was convinced I was going to die there and then. And you acting like everything is fine is not helping." I breathed out deeply after my miniature rant. My palms and forehead were sweating again as I replayed the incident in my head over and over. The vivid images of dead bodies filling my mind made me sick to the extent I had to open the window a little to let some fresh air in the stuffy car.

"But you didn't die."

I sighed loudly filled with frustration. "That's not the point. Are you even listening to me?!"

"Yes, you're upset and everything. What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know. Show some sympathy, comfort me or anything to make me feel even a little better. Do you not understand how I feel?"

"No I don't!" He shouted, his loudness made me jump. "I see this sort of stuff everyday. I'm used to it. People die every day Lennon. You can't save everyone. It's life. You just have to live with it."