Chapter 16 - Prove It.

Lennon.

I don’t know what annoyed Harry more. The fact I dropped my suitcase on his poorly placed foot or that fact that I burst out laughing when the running man spoke with a panicked voice. I bit my tongue to stop any more laughter erupting from my lungs as Harry grunted, pulling his foot out from under my bag. The other man in question turned to look at me and scowled like I was a piece of dirt scraped on the bottom of his shoe. Harry turned to look at me too as he replied.

“Okay, I’ll be there in a second.” He dismissed the man before grabbing my forearms and almost pushing his face directly up against mine. “What on Earth are you laughing at?” He spat although he sounded pretty confused too.

“We’ve taken an East Sider captive,” I mocked in a deep voice trying to portray the man from earlier without laughing. Harry frowned and creased his brow. “You guys make it sounds like you’re fighting in some sort of war.”

“It may as well be a war. This isn’t child’s play.” He grunted.

“Hey, I never said it was.” I counteracted, “You sound so serious about it though, as if this is the be all and end all of things.”

“You really don’t understand what goes on around here.”

“And I don’t wish to know. In fact I don’t actually want to be here.”

“You can walk straight back out that front door then.” His eyes flickered back towards the grand front door we just walked through. I rolled my eyes at his unimpressed attitude.

“What exactly is capturing an East sider going to do? It’s not like he’s just going to spill his life story to you, let alone what ever the fuck happens in that side of the city.”

“We’re not going to ask him nicely.” He stated in a low, affirmative voice.

“Are you going to hold a gun to his head or something?” I waited for an answer, raising my eyebrows as I did so. The enveloping silence answered my question for me. “Seriously? There are ways to do things without violence.”

“And what do you suggest? Make him a cuppa, offer him some biscuits and have a gossip session whilst we watch the reruns of EastEnders.”

“Now who’s trying to be a comedian?” I quipped back equally as fast as he did.

“Go put your stuff upstairs and paint your nails or something else you girls do.”

“What a gentleman.” I tutted, picking up my bags, making sure to hit him with my bags as I went. “Are you sure you don’t want your nails done too? I have a lovely shade of pink that will go lovely with your eyes.” His face turned completely sour before he stormed off towards Paul’s office, leaving me to haul my heavy bags up the stairs, all by myself.

I assumed I’d be staying in the same room as last night, therefore I followed the hallway all the way to the end until I reached the very last door. I swung it open and unsurprisingly it looked exactly the same as it did a few hours ago.

I threw my suitcases onto the bed, deciding it would probably be a good idea to unpack the essentials. Before I opened my bags I took the time to scope out the room properly. I plugged my phone into the charger next to the nightstand, that side of the bed was now definitely mine. 

The wardrobe was pretty big, in fact you could probably fit half of my bedroom back in my house inside of it. I moved onto the drawers opposite the bed and pulled each one out, checking to see which ones were empty. Almost all of them were except the second one, which is odd. I always assumed if you were going to pick a drawer, most people would have chosen the first one. Apparently not Harry though, I only assumed it was Harry’s clothes, it could have been anyone’s. The only things in there were socks, underwear and a large amount of black t-shirts. I was starting to think black was the gangs colour.