Chapter 26 - Who Is Lennon?

Lennon.

I was slowly dozing off into a light slumber when the sound of the front door slamming shut shook me wide awake again. I sat up straight, glaring at the doorway waiting for Jasper to come back. My teeth were gritted and my hands balled in fists. Although I couldn’t actually attack him, I was still attached to the radiator, which whilst he had been gone, switched itself on and was slowly burning the skin on my back. My arm had been hanging above my head for hours the blood had rushed down my arm, leaving my hand completely numb and an unpleasant pale colour. The cuffs had cut into my wrist but I couldn’t feel it. I didn’t know how much longer I could wait for Jasper to return, my bladder was exceedingly painful. My legs were crossed uncomfortably tight to stop any accidents occurring. 

Jasper had been gone all day and maybe even half the night. I wasn’t wearing a watch and my phone was in my bag, which no doubt had been ransacked by Jasper anyway. There were no clocks in the room either so I could only presume what time it was. I watched the shadow of the bed in the room move across the floor, slowly moving towards the west where it eventually set. 

I was encased by complete obscurity and I was honestly afraid. The dark made everything even more eerie and uninviting. I held my breath every time I heard a sound. Every so often I would think I heard a car or several pulling up, I even debated it being Harry and The South, but it never was. In fact no cars pulled up, my mind was simply playing tricks on me. 

It was a daunting prospect to realise that The South probably had no idea where I was being held or whom with. I deliberated ideas to keep my mind occupied as I remained in solitary throughout the day. The first thing I needed to figure out was; how was I going to tell The South where I was? Although before that I had to actually get out of the scenario I was stuck in. 

I braced myself, holding a shallow breath as I heard footsteps run up the stairs. I assumed it was Jasper but it could have been anyone in this situation. The door swung open and bounced back off the wall. He flicked the light on blinding me after my eyes had grown accustom to the blackness for hours. 

“Still here?” He posed the question, but to him it was evidently more a joke as he laughed to himself. I scowled at him and watched in expectation as he walked across the room. He smelt like a sickening mixture of cheap cigarettes and car fumes. 

I scrunched my nose up at his awful stench as he knelt down beside and unlocked the metal cuff around my dead wrist. My arm dropped to my lap where I cradled it with my other arm. I rubbed my wrist feverishly; the cuts had now dried leaving bloodstains on my skin. I stretched my fingers in quick motions trying to encourage the blood to return. 

“Do you want a plaster?” 

I looked up at him and furrowed my eyebrows at him and his change in behaviour, even if it was a small indication of any sympathy, I wasn’t quite sure how to react. “No.” I replied bluntly as I stood up along with him.

“Suit your self.” He muttered back to his vicious tone again. 

I had decided to act civil and listen to his demands until the morning, when I could at least figure out how I could communicate with the outside world. He grabbed my wrist without taking any consideration about how it might hurt. It did hurt, but not a lot. It was uncomfortable but I sucked it up as he pulled me down the stairs and back into the kitchen. 

“I was thinking something with lentils for dinner.” He spoke, finally letting my armrest by itself. I stood opposite him on the other side of the kitchen table. He pondered to himself as he spun around and flung open several cupboards at once. He tapped his stained fingers on his stubble free chin in deep contemplation. “You can cook lentils right?” He asked turning back around.