Chapter 32 - An Alliance.

Lennon.

 I jumped when Harry slammed his car door shut with such force the car shook on its wheels. We’d barely shared a single word since he got the phone call, I attempted to ask about what was happening but all I got in reply was a grunt. I sunk down low in the passenger seat, I turned my head to look at him as he swerved onto the road without looking twice. 

The empty silence in the car allowed my mind to regain sanity. I was not the sort of person to throw myself at someone but I had just had sex with Harry, twice and in all honesty I don’t know what came over me. I don’t know where we stood, we weren’t in a relationship and we’d never even discussed emotions, let alone feelings. The thought of just being another girl to him made my stomach churn. He made me feel wanted and even though in my head last night I felt special, how did I know he didn’t make every other girl feel like that? 

His jaw was tense, I was amazed I couldn’t hear his teeth grinding together. His stare didn’t falter, not even flickering over to me as I sighed heavily. He could have been in a sullen mood because of what ever was happening but I couldn’t help think it was because he was inching on feeling regretful. I chewed on my bottom lip anxiously, how I could I go from feeling on top of the world to the bottom in a matter of minutes.

We arrived back at the house twenty tedious minutes later, not a single word shared between us. I didn’t want to make the effort only to have it thrown back in my face. Harry was out of the car and half way up the drive before I even unbuckled my seat belt. I glared at his tensed back as I dawdled out of the car. I grabbed my bag out of the backseat before following in his footsteps. 

The house was manic when I stepped inside. I don’t think I’d ever seen so many people in the house, ever. I moved out of the way as soon as I stepped inside as a group of men I’d never seen before hurried past me down a corridor. I looked around trying to figure out what was going but Harry had long disappeared and I didn’t recognise anyone around. 

Not sure what else to do I climbed the staircase speedily and headed towards the bedroom. I was about to open the door when a commotion from the room next door averted my gaze. The door flew open and Perrie and Eleanor stepped out. They were in the middle of a conversation until they spotted me, I didn’t catch on to what they were talking about but they way it ended abruptly at my sight wasn’t very endearing. 

Perrie raised her eyebrows before looking at Eleanor, a smirk appearing on both their faces. “Someone took a wild ride down Harry Styles avenue.”

I grumbled and rolled my eyes at their pleasing faces. “What’s going on?”

“You smell like sex.”

“Why are there so many people here?” I asked, hoping to get a reasonable reply but it never came. My body was hauled into my bedroom by Perrie leading the way. She gave me a closer inspection, I swatted her hand away from my neck, not because I was hiding anything but because it was weird.

“What’s going on between you two anyway?” She asked, pouting her lips as she pondered some more about my appearance. I tried to smooth out my hair but it was hopeless and pretty pointless.  

“There’s something drastic going on downstairs and all you’re concerned about is my sex life?”

“It’s not our job to tell you what’s going on,” Eleanor spoke up, her cold words weren’t exactly friendly, she refused to meet my eye contact which indicated she didn’t trust me still.

“So I’m supposed to guess?”

“Ask Harry.” Perrie interjected.

“He won’t talk to me.”