[ 8 ]

day eight

he stares out of the window, the sky is filled with the clouds. covering the sunlight, not showing any signs of happiness. he looked around, the street was empty, there were people kidnapping and he could see some were getting stabbed. but what's scarier is. . . he finds this normal, to the point where he doesn't even feel a bit sorry.

he's safe, that's all it matters in his mind.

he'll keep on living for his sister, his family, and friends. the world isn't perfect, but why are people giving up easily?

he heard a knock on the door, he pulled himself away from the window side and opened the door. revealing his friend from overseas, john.

he swung the door wide open and the doorknob slammed against the wall, it made john flinch. but he got inside seungkwan's apartment and sat on the couch comfortably after putting his luggages aside.

"hi, seungkwan." he greeted sheepishly, seungkwan looked over his shoulder and ignored john. who frowned at his friend's behavior, "is there something wrong? where's noona?" seungkwan didn't talk, but he went inside the kitchen to make his friend some coffee. his heart is aching when john mentioned his sister without having any idea of what's going on, even though they're close, he still doesn't want john to know about this.

especially when he likes her,

he poured the hot water onto the mug, the sugar and the coffee powder slowly melting into the hot water, he put the teaspoon inside and walked towards john. putting the mug down in front of his friend and sat on the couch across him.

"seungkwan?" this time, seungkwan hummed in response. john smiled and took a sip of the hot coffee, letting out a satisfied sigh. "the coffee you make is the best." seungkwan slightly bowed his head and continued to play with his fingers,

"is there something wrong?" john asked in his broken korean, despite the fact that he's bad at it, he's still willing to learn it for seungkwan and his sister. seungkwan shook his head, eyes tearing up as he bit his tongue harshly.

john noticed it and didn't speak up, waiting for seungkwan to calm down and speak.

"she's gone." he whispered, letting out a shaky breath after saying those words. john's eyes widened, his eyes slightly twitching and he drank the hot coffee all at once, the hotness of the coffee waking him up completely.

"you're kidding."

"i'm not."

"stop lying — "

"why would i lie about it?" seungkwan snaps, the tears he has been holding back finally drops. john's eyes darkened, then he stood up, staring at seungkwan's soulless ones. "why didn't you tell me?"

"it just happened yesterday and don't expect me to be calm about it!"

"you could've at least texted — "

seungkwan slapped him almost immediately, like his hand just moved by its own accord. he pushed past john and went inside his room, slamming the door behind him.

john completely forgot that he's sensitive.

__
comment, vote

-llama