[ 9 ]

day nine

it has been two days since seungkwan came to the market, hansol started to worry. he kept texting him for the past two days but he doesn't get a single reply back, to think that they got closer in a week. he realised that he doesn't know seungkwan personally one bit, not even a word.

he taps on the counter impatiently, his eyebrows slowly knitting together as he tries to calm himself down. the door opened, a tired seungkwan walking inside the market, his eyes a pair of blood-shot. hansol wanted to greet him, but he was taken aback when he saw an unfamiliar person beside seungkwan, his arms draped around his shoulder.

seungkwan hadn't spoken a single word, john had noticed the way hansol was looking at them and he awkwardly removed his arm away from seungkwan. walking towards hansol.

"english?" asks john, praying that at least one person knows english in this broken city.

"yeah."

"thank god." he lets out a sigh of relief as he pats hansol on his shoulder, looking around the market before his eyes landed on seungkwan.

"so, seungkwan is having a hard time dealing with life." john says, lowering his voice so seungkwan wouldn't hear their conversation. hansol raised an eyebrow and leaned in closer to john.

"what happened?"

"uh - his sister kind of. . . y'know." he made a hand gesture and hansol immediately knew what it meant, he felt bad that he didn't know. but he doesn't feel sorry, not at all. hearing people die is already normal.

"that must be hard," he sighs, completely understanding what seungkwan went through.

"my name is john." john takes his hand out, but awkwardly pulls it back as he realises that koreans don't shake hands.

"hansol, or vernon." hansol bowed, knowing that john is probably older than him.

"versol? what?"

"hansol, or vernon."

"okay, versol. that's quite the unique name you have there." john tells him, slightly smiling as he feels like he's at home. at least one person can communicate with him comfortably.

hansol cringes at how wrong john is, but decides to let it pass since he's still new or he might just be joking around. they realised that seungkwan is taking so long finding whatever he wants to find, to only realise that he's beside them all along unbelievably silent. listening to their conversation, the things he wanted to buy are already on the table.

"oh, sorry seungkwaa."

"seungkwa? where's the 'n'?"

"john, can you please shut up and let me pay?" seungkwan finally cuts in, john backed away and pouted. along with hansol silently laughing to himself, after paying and talking for a while. seungkwan finally decided to drag john home as he still wanted to continue to talk to hansol.

he weakly smiled to himself, praying that his mother is safe in jeju.

at least he has a friend to lean on when he can't take it anymore. 

__
a/n:
holy ! thAnk yOu all for 500+ rEaDs!
has anyone noticed that i update after every 2 days? i was actually planning to update daily but then i remember i spend most of my time sleeping.
vote, comment

-llama