V | My Bestfriend [Request]

[For Abby or @ReddAbigail]

Abby

"Yeah, I can't wait...I know, we haven't seen each other in forever...I miss you too." I said over the phone to my best friend Jamal. Tomorrow, he was coming in from Miami to visit me.

When I seen Odell walk into the bedroom, I quickly cut the conversation short, "Oh Mal, I gotta go. See you tomorrow." I smiled before hanging up.

Odell stared at me with furrowed eyebrows, "Who was that?"

"Why do you want to know Odell?" I sassed and folded my arms.

"Because, it was question. Who was that?"  He repeated, causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Odell, I don't question who you're on the phone with, why must you question me?"

"Abigail, why are you getting so defensive? All I did was ask you a question." He put his hands up.

I sighed, realizing that I was getting a little defensive, "I'm sorry. I was on the phone with my best friend." I answered calmly.

"See, that's all I wanted to know." He smiled and got in the bed next to me.

"Yeah, I have to pick him up from the airport tomorrow morning." I told Odell. He slowly turned to me with his face fixed up,

"Him? Your best friend is a guy?" I mentally face palmed myself. Why did you go and say that Abigail?

"Yes Odell. He has been my best friend since high school." I exhaled with an eye roll.

"Oh okay." He said plainly and turned his back on me. He pulled the covers over his body and switched off the lamp, "Goodnight, Abigail."

I looked at the clock to see it was only eight thirty-five. "Are you serious junior?" I kissed my teeth and pulled some of the covers over my cold body.

The next morning I woke up to a text message from Jamal. He told me that his flight was suppose to be in by seven o'clock. I looked at the time and it was six fifteen. Alright, time to get dressed.

As I was getting dressed, I heard shifting from the bed. I looked back to see Odell tossing and turning in his sleep. I quietly tip toed to the closet to grab my black Puma slides.

Right when I was about to walk out the bedroom door, I heard Odell's groggily voice, "Where you goin'?" I held my hand over my chest and turned around to see him sitting up against the headboard with his hands behind his head.

"I'm going to pick up Jamal."

He shook his head and snatched the sheets off of him, "Oh nah. I'm coming witchu'."

"Odell for what?! You're going to make me late!" I shouted at him.

"It's okay, he can wait." Odell walked past me and went inside the bathroom.

"Is he here yet?" Odell asked as we stood around, waiting for Jamal to show up.