XV | Duties

Today was just another slow day at the hospital for you. That was until you were called for a patient that was coming out of the EMT truck.

You walked out in the hall to see a bunch of nurses and doctors running to the exit with a gurney. You made your way out the door and stopped when you made it to the truck.

"Patient's name?" You questioned as the EMT opened the back of the truck doors.

"Patient is identified as Odell Beckham Jr, a 24 year old male. He was in a motorcycle accident and was found 10 feet away from the motorcycle. His vitals signs are dropping and he is currently unresponsive." Your eyes widen when you heard the name. Odell was your recent ex boyfriend. It's been about 3 months since you two broke up—more so, since you spoke to him.

You and the other nurses and doctors carried Odell onto the gurney and rushed him inside the hospital. A lot was going on. You and other nurses were trying to boost his vitals plus get him to a room.

Once you all got him into a room, y'all got straight to business.

Odell suffered from a torn ACL, a broken wrist, a sprained ankle, other minor fractures, and a concussion.

He was currently resting in stable condition. Doctors said when he's released, he's going to need help around the house. Since his parents live thousands of miles away, you volunteered.

Hours later, Odell woke up and called for help. You walked in and when he saw you, his eyebrows went down.

"YN? What are you doing here?" He questioned.

"You forgot that I'm a doctor?" You chuckled and handed Odell some pills for the pain, "Here. Take this. This is to help the pain that you're in."

Odell took the pills and drunk some of the hospital juice to wash it down. Once he finished, he asked, "What happened? Why am I in here?"

"You got into a bad motorcycle accident. You suffered a concussion, a torn ACL, a broken wrist, a sprained ankle and other minor fractures. You're very lucky Odell. It could've been worse." You explained to him.

He sighed, "I remember now. When can I be released?"

"In a couple of days, maybe a week from now. We need to keep you in here just to be sure. But uh, once you're released, they said you have to have some help around the house and I volunteered." You admitted. He raised an eyebrow.

"You're going to help me? I thought you hated me?" He said in confusion.

You kissed your teeth, getting a flashback from when you were with Odell. You sighed and stared at him, "I don't hate you. I just hate how you hurt me. That isn't going to stop me from helping you in a time of need." You scoffed.

"Well I want you to know that I'm very grateful for that YN. How long are you going to be with me?"

"About a month." You confirmed. Both his eyebrows raised.

"A month? Wow."

"Yeah, yeah it's a long time I know. But it's for your health and safety."

"Well thank you Dr.YLN. Thank you very much." He thanked with a genuine smile. You wanted to roll your eyes and walk away but instead, you smiled.

"You're welcome Odell. Now rest up. I'll be back later to give you your next medication." You said before heading out the door.

Two weeks later Odell was at home and you were temporarily staying in his guest room. Odell was so needy, it bugged you. Every time you sat down, he would call you for something so dumb. You used your two weeks worth of vacation from work just because of Odell.

"YN!" You heard Odell call from downstairs. You sighed and got up from the guest bed and made your way downstairs to the living room, where Odell sat in the wheelchair.

"Yes Odell?" You asked.

"I need to take a piss. Can you take me to the bathroom and help me?" You exhaled and nodded before taking the wheelchair handles and pushing him to the bathroom.

You helped Odell out the wheelchair and held him up to the toilet so he wouldn't apply any pressure to his foot. He used his free hand to pull down his basketball shorts and pee. You felt awkward just standing there while he peed. Odell must've realized because he spoke up,

"You act like you ain't see my dick before. You already know what I'm working with so calm down." He smirked cockily.

"Yeah I do know what you working with. Don't flatter yourself hun. You ain't working with nothing serious." You clapped back and shrugged.

"But you wasn't saying that shit when I was deep in yo guts when we were together. Don't knock my shit now that we ain't together." He scoffed and pulled up his shorts with his hand. You rolled your eyes and flushed the toilet then guided him to the sink to wash his hands.

After that you brung him back to his wheelchair. Right when you was about to take him back to the living room, he stopped you.

"You know, I'm in the mood for some spaghetti." He announced.

"So....?" You trailed off trying to see where he was going with this.

"Make me some."

You chuckled and folded your arms, "Now I know Heather raised you with some manners. How about you use them?" Odell kissed his teeth and sized you.

"I said make me some spaghetti." He repeated, still not using his manners. You leaned back on the wall with your arms folding, not bothering to move.

"And I said use your manners."

"What the fuck I'm not no damn child." He scoffed.

"Tuh. Well you're certainly acting like one." You sassed and raised your eyebrow.

"Man just make me some damn spaghetti!" He raised his voice. You could tell he was getting angry but you could care less.

"Nope."

"Man fuck you YN! You a bitch!" He spat. Your eyes widen in shock.

"I'm a bitch?! I'm a bitch?! I took off of work for two weeks just to help your sorry ass around the house and I'm a bitch?! I knew I shouldn't have volunteered to help you but I was being nice! Fuck you, you ungrateful bastard! I'm done!" You grabbed your keys from the counter and put on your shoes before leaving Odell's house and slamming the door behind you.

Oop. Well then.