XIV | The 'M' Word

"Odell I really don't know if we're gonna make it." You inhaled sharply while you held your stomach in pain.

"Yes we are baby we're only five minutes away." Odell concentrated on the road and reassured you. You were in labor but for some reason your contractions were worse than usual.

"I can't." You cried and threw your head back against the seat. "This baby is coming now! I feel it!"

"YN please do not push. We are literally a few minutes away." Odell sped the car up a little.

You only whined and moaned in response. Odell grabbed your left hand and rubbed it in a soothing way. Tears fell from your eyes as you felt another contraction hit.

Moments later Odell pulled into the hospital and the car came to a sharp stop. He quickly got out the driver's seat and jogged to the passenger's seat, where you were. He grabbed your hand and helped you out the car and into the hospital.

"I need a doctor or nurse! My wife is in labor!" Odell panicked. Less than 30 seconds later, you were placed into a wheelchair.

You were being rolled into a room, but on the way there, you felt something trickle down your leg. You decided to see what it was and when you brought your hand back up, it was covered in blood.

"Oh my god!" You screamed. You looked down to see blood trailing from your wheelchair. You looked back to see if Odell had seen but you soon discovered that he was gone.

"Odell?! Odell?!" You turned your head in both directions, trying to figure out where Odell had gone.

You looked back at the nurse and cried, "I'm bleeding! Please! Help me!

The nurse just hushed you and continued to push you to a room. You cried and screamed and then suddenly, you blacked out.

You woke up to lights being in your face and doctors and nurses crowded around you. You looked around and noticed you were in a hospital bed. Then you remembered everything. The only thing that concerned you was your baby.

"Look who's awake!" One of the doctors rejoiced gleefully. You sat up and looked down at your belly then looked at all the nurses and doctors.

"Where's my baby?" You asked. The room fell into complete silence. When nobody answered, you began to panic.

"Where's my baby?! Somebody tell me where's my baby!" You yelled, tears coming to your eyes.

"I'm sorry Mrs.Beckham, but you had a miscarriage." One of the doctors broke the news to you. Your eyes widen.

"No! No! No! I didn't!" You denied.

"We're very sorry Mrs.Beckham."

"No!" You cried, "Where is it?! I wanna see it!" You screamed. One of the nurses came over to you and showed you the stillborn baby covered in blood.

"Oh my god no! Where did I go wrong?! Why?! Why me?!" You sobbed loudly.

"Baby! Baby wake up!" Odell shook you and turned on the lamp that was sitting on the nightstand. Your eyes quickly shot open and you sat up. You looked at Odell and sighed.