VIII | Slow Dance

You shook the pole that was in the living room, making sure it was sturdy. You decided to install a pole just because you loved to pole dance, but also for acrobatic purposes. The only thing is that Odell didn't know about any of this.

You turned on the stereo and plugged the cord into your phone. You went through your music until you found a song; Dance For You by Beyoncé. You turned the volume all the up and walked over to the pole and began to dance.

As the song was playing and you were dancing, someone walked through the door, but you didn't hear. You were too into the song. As you went down in a split, you heard a couple of "damns."

You quickly got up and turned around to see Odell and group of his friends standing there with their mouths hanging.

"Oh lord, I'm sorry." You jogged over and paused the song.

"Damn, I ain't know YN was flexible. Shit was sexy." One of Odell friends, Tyrel said.

"I didn't know eith—" Odell paused, catching on to what Tyrel just said. "Aye man that's my fucking girl, you don't say shit like that." He spat at Tyrel harshly.

He looked back at all his friends with a disgusted look on his face, "Matter of fact, all you niggas get the fuck outta here!" He yelled, kicking out all of his friends. You just stood there in shock, watching his friends leave one by one.

Once the door closed, Odell turned back to you, staring at you intensely, "What the fuck was that YN?!"

"What do you mean Odell?! I was dancing!" You answered, defending yourself.

"Nah you was stripping! How the hell did this pole get in here?!" He yelled, making matters worse.

"I installed it and it's called pole dancing and it's just for acrobats and fun!" You shouted back at him, "Shit Odell you act like I was purposely dancing for your friends!"

Odell stood there for a while before finally responding, "Alright." He turned and made his way upstairs. You kissed your teeth, knowing that he just shut himself down.

For the rest of the day, Odell didn't say a single word to you. It was irritating, and it was driving you crazy. You tried to talk to him, no rely. You tried to text him, no answer. You were all out of ideas, until you thought of one that you knew was going to make him break.

You looked in the mirror, checking out your lingerie. This was your last shot to make Odell break and talk to you.

 This was your last shot to make Odell break and talk to you