IX | The Impossible

A|N: I did it again guys, I did it again omfg.

Odell

My teammates and I were all practicing on the field when the coach came over with some girl.

"Guys! Stop what you're going and come over here!" He yelled at us. We all stopped and jogged over to him and the girl. She was fine as hell.

"What's going on?" Eli, one of my teammates asked.

"We're making history, that's what's going on." He said with a big grin on his face. He rested his hand on the girl shoulder and chuckled, "This is YN. And this is the very first female NFL player."

All the guys—including me, stared at YN with our eyebrows raised. This was a very huge shock. First female NFL player? On our team?

"But she's a girl." Sterling, my teammate stated the obvious.

"I know that, Shepard." Coach straight faced him.

"But, I think that's really cool." Victor, my other teammate said with a smile.

"Yeah, so do I." Janoris agreed.

"What position is she playing?" I questioned, looking over at coach.

"Wide receiver." When he said that, my whole demeanor changed. I replaced my smile with a disgusted facial expression. What type of bullsh—

"Beckham, it's alright." Coach sighed.

I tugged at my hair and huffed, "It's whatever. I don't care." I brushed it off like it didn't bother me.

But deep down inside it bothered me, a lot.

"Alright, well that's all I wanted to announce. YN will be practicing with y'all, make as comfortable as possible." Coach pointed at all of us, "She's one of the guys now. Go." He dismissed. All of us ran back to the field with YN.

We all got in position. Once Eli yelled, we all tackled each other. Eli threw the ball to YN and once she caught it, she took off running. All the guys tried to tackle her but she was too fast. I was literally catching up to her until she made the touchdown.

She did a little victory dance before looking over at me. I glared at her and stormed towards her.

"Don't think cause you made one touchdown, you big shit. You're just like the rest of us. Since you wanna play a man's game, i'ma treat you like a man." I established with venom in my voice.

She folded her arms and looked at me with a little smirk, "Baby boy, you sound triggered as hell. Are you scared cause you think I'm going to steal your spotlight? I mean—if I was you, I would be a bit nervous. But hey, you wanna treat me like a guy? Go ahead. I was raised in a household full of boys. All they did was rough me up. I'm used to it." She shrugged before walking back to the guys.

She's so damn cocky...I despise her.

Later that night, I was on the phone with my homeboy Jarvis.

"Aye, I heard y'all got a female player on the team. That's wassup." Jarvis said that as if it was an accomplishment. I mean it was, but not for me.

"Nah, it's not wassup. She's a wide receiver, and a good one at that." I groaned, thinking about the incident that happened earlier at practice.

"Aw man, don't let that get to you. At least she's good." Jarvis said, attempting to make me feel better. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess."

"But the real question is, is she fine?" Jarvis asked. I kissed my teeth.

"Yeah she fine. But I wouldn't fuck her or anything. Her cockiness makes it hard to like her." I answered truthfully.

There was nothing but pure silence on the line until I heard Jarvis said, "Uh oh..."

"What?" I asked.

"Go to Bleacher Report and check your team." He said. I opened the Bleacher Report app on my phone and went to my team.

I read the trending headlining news and my mouth dropped.

Does OBJ have competition? New wide receiver added to the Giants that's a female! Could OBJ be as the "best wide receiver?"

"Oh hell no."

So this was a creative idea I had in mind, and I decided to publish it.  It's a really short chapter, I know,
but the next one will be longer. "NY's Love Triangle" isn't on hold, I deleted it because I feel it's too basic. But I really like this one and hopefully I won't put it on hold like the rest lmao.