VI | A New Edition?

Odell

I was walking from the workout room and into YN's and I bedroom until I overheard YN talking on the phone. I quickly moved from the door and leaned next to the door frame.

"I'm so excited. I hope it's a boy." She said excitedly. My eyebrows immediately furrowed. What is she talking about? Seconds later, it registered in my head. She's pregnant?

"I know, I'm already thinking about the baby shower." She laughed. My mouth hung low. I couldn't believe she was pregnant. We already had a nine year and a six year old. Now there's another one on the way?

"Wassup dad." My nine year old son Devin came towards me with his iPad in his hand.

"Shh, shh, come here." I whispered and pulled him right next to me.

"Woah, what was that for?" He stared at me like I was crazy. I kneeled down to his level and placed my hands on his shoulder.

"Your mother is pregnant and I'm trying to listen to the details." I quickly explained to him. His eyes widen in shock.

"Mom's having a baby? No way."

"I know, I know. Don't say anything about it. Okay?" I questioned him. He nodded his head before walking to his room.

I stood back up and sighed. I tried to listen more to YN's conversation but it seemed like she was already off the phone. I kissed my teeth and stepped in the room to see her laid up against the headboard.

"Hey babe. How was your workout?" She asked.

"It was cool." I shrugged, pulling off my black compression shirt. I decided that I was just going to leave the pregnancy topic alone until she was ready to tell me.

If she ever does.

Devin

I called my little sister, Tatiana inside my room to tell her that our mom is having a baby. I know my dad told me to keep my mouth closed about it, but I couldn't. I needed to tell someone.

"Did you call me Dev?" Tatiana asked as she walked inside my room. I nodded my head and hopped out of my bed and went to close my door.

"I need to tell you something that dad told me earlier." I said to her.

"What is it?"

"Mom is having a baby." I announced. Tatiana's smile soon turned into a frown.

"Why would she have another one?" She questioned, slightly tilting her head to the right.

I shrugged my shoulders with hands up, "I don't know. Maybe because she wanted one."

"But she does...Me." Tatiana crossed her arms and pouted, "I don't want another brother or sister."

Odell

It's been two days and YN still hasn't broke the news to me. I honestly believe she's pregnant because I swore I heard her throwing up last night. I didn't know why she was waiting so long to tell me. I'm actually pretty excited.

I was in the living room, watching tv on the couch when I heard the front door unlock and YN struggling to bring the groceries inside. I shot up and rushed over to her, taking the bags out of her hand.

"Hey hey hey, baby let me help you with that." I said, setting the bags on the tables, "I don't want you to hurt yourself or someone else." I hinted, hoping she would catch on.

"What are you talking about Odell? How am I going to hurt myself or someone else by carrying groceries?" She set some the bags down and looked at me.

I shook my head, "Nothing, forget it." I sighed and went back to sit down.

Later that night YN, Devin, Tatiana and I all sat around in the dining room, eating dinner. It was oddly quiet, mainly because Tatiana, who would usually tell us all about her day, wasn't talking.

I guess YN caught on to Tatiana's silence because she spoke up, "Tati honey, why are you so quiet? You haven't been talking much lately." YN asked.

Tatiana stopped playing in her mashed potatoes and looked up, "You care more about the new baby than you care about me." When I heard "new baby," I nearly did a spit take.

"What? What are you talking about Tatiana?" YN stared at her, confusion written all over her forehead.

Tatiana pointed her index finger at Devin, "Devin told me that you were having another baby."

My eyes widen.

"Only because dad told me!" Devin pointed at me. YN's head snapped in my direction. Aw hell.

"Odell, Why are you telling my kids that I'm with child, when I'm not?" She questioned sternly.

"Because I heard you talking about how you were excited and you hoped the baby was a boy..." I responded slowly.

"I'm not pregnant you ding-ding! My best friend is!" She said, thumping my forehead. I feel so stupid.

"Wait, then why were you throwing up last night?"

"I had a bad stomachache, Odell." YN sighed and rubbed her temples.

"Ohhhh." I groaned, mentally face palming myself, "I'm sorry for the misunderstanding." I apologize to everyone.

"Mhm." She side eyed me before turned to Tatiana, "Even if I was having a baby Tati...I would never stop caring about you, or your big brother Devin. I may give him or her more attention because they're a baby but I would never stop caring about y'all."

"You promise me mommy?" Tatiana raised an eyebrow. YN nodded her head with a smile.

"I promise baby doll. Now can you please tell us about your day?"

"Okay!" Tatiana gleefully sat up and started babbling on and on about her hectic day.

As you guys may or may not have known, school is back in session for me, so I won't be updates will be VERY slow. I'm in AP/Honors academic classes and that means I will be receiving more work and the course will be a bit more challenging. Friday + the weekends will be my free time on here, so I'll update on one of those days.

Secondly, I know this is a horrible time to announce but I have a OBJ story that has been sitting in my drafts for a while now and I'm really eager to publish it. So Friday night, I'll make an update, telling y'all that I published it. Be on the lookout :)

-Bye :(