Chapter 2

Troyes P.O.V
(I am going to put Connors P.O.V aswell but sometime later!!)

I wake up the next day, one day until my birthday, and walk downstairs to see my mother and father pushing a huge present into the living room.
"What's that?" I say pointing at this big random object that is obviously not easy to push by the look on my mothers and fathers face.
I knew what it was but I was basically asking what the hell is it doing here.
"Oh, hi sweetie. This is your present for tomorrow, excited?!"
I then completely ignore her question and say
"But I'm getting a lot of timeQ's? Isn't that enough of a present. And how much timeQ's did you waist to get this?"
My father then replies
"Troye, you need all those timeQ's. This is your actual present for your birthday."
My mum then continues off of my father answering my other question
"Oh honey, we can't tell you how much a present is."
"But mum! I'm already grateful for having those hundreds of timeQ's, I don't need this. You've wasted your timeQ's that you could've given a suffering family out there!"
"We got this for you! And the outsiders don't deserve these!!"
"And why not?!"
I then angrily walk around my mother and father, take my phone out, and storm out the door slamming it behind me. I know my parents will be talking behind my back about me, and will punish me later, but I don't even care. My family doesn't care about anything and never will. As I walk out the door I trample onto the street staring at my phone. Suddenly a dirty and smelly man runs up to me, falls over kneeling on the ground, and holds the sides of my jacket crying and saying
"Please! I need timeQ's, anything! I'm going to die and my family will be left out here with nothing!!"
I then look at his wrist and see he only has 36 seconds left, and then behind him to four little girls scared with tear stained faces. I widen my eyes and yell and run to my parents to tell them to help, I run inside and the man crookedly follows. I then yell at the top of my lungs
"MUM, DAD!"
"Troye, what are you-"
Before they can finish they see the man and get disgusted faces.
"Who's he?!"
"He needs help, please, give him some timeQ's, he's going to die!!"
I then look to his wrist and see 21 seconds, behind him are the four scared girls standing in the doorway, one crying and screaming.
"Mum please!!"

Connors P.O.V

I walk to the park writing another poem in my book listening to the laughing kids
You can see dust,
But all I see are stars.
You can hear yells,
But all I hear are hearts.
We are complete opposites,
Not alike one bit.
But when your with me all alone,
I'll never feel like-
I then get tripped by a little rock and drop my book. I laugh at myself and get up picking up the book after me. I keep walking seeing all the outsiders surrounding a guy lying down. I rush up to them because I'm a curious guy, I then see a man on the floor crying, my eyes instantly shoot over to his wrist.
5 seconds.
I've never seen a death caused by lack of timeQ's before but I knew this is what was happening. I then try to grab ahold of his wrist but I'm shaking and the people around me keep pushing me and screaming and crying trying to help. I try to interlock the two connections you use to give and take timeQ's that's just underneath the number but I can't. I then start to panic, seeing the number is now 2 seconds, I sweat, get harsh breaths, and squeeze the mans wrist. I then take a second to look at the mans face, and that was the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life. I quickly shoot back to his wrist and see the fatal moment as the 1 turns into a 0. Everyone stops, I get frozen with fear and shock. Someone then starts screaming and crying and that's when I know I've messed up. I just saw a man die in my arms as I tried to save him but fail. I then stand up, staring at this lifeless man laying in front of me as everyone pushes pass me to mourn and hug him. I slowly fall back and look around, everyone is now staring in this direction. I can't get myself to move or say anything.
I've killed a man.
And ruined many lives.

5 hours later

I sit at the same bench I came across yesterday recalling everything that has happened and staring at this empty park only filled with 3-4 outsiders sitting staring into nothingness. It's getting darker and darker by the minute when a familiar face comes and sits next to me. We sit in silence when I decide to speak up.

Troyes P.O.V

"What are you doing here this late?" Connors says staring at the ground thinking.
"I can't even look at my parents right now and I don't dare talk to them." He then looks up at me with curiosity in his eyes.
"May I ask why?" He talks and acts so formal and kind.
"An outsider was dying and I couldn't do anything to help as I am still 20, so I rushed to my parents but they refused to help."
He then widens his eyes and leaves his mouth hanging in shock.
"What happened with you?" I ask seeing that something is obviously distressing him.
"A man has died because of me." He says staring at his book drawing circle motions on it.
"Same deal?" I ask pretty much already knowing what happened.
"Yes basically. But I tried and I was this close to giving him timeQ's but I was too scared and too shocked to get it in properly and he...uh.."
"You don't have to say it, I know."
A tear then falls from his eye as he continues looking down at his book. I don't say another word because sometimes, some people just want some alone time. Everything gets quiet and me and this man I just met yesterday are sitting together watching the skies darken. But, I see no stars. The clouds are out tonight so the moon is the only thing illuminating this man I sit beside at this moment. He then gets up, turns around to me with tears eyes and says
"Lovely to see you again Troye. Hopefully I will get to see you again but because of different reasons."
With that he walks off leaving me to my own thoughts. I'm 21 tomorrow, so I will have my own timeQ's and I will be able to help other people and not only be able to stare at them in despair.

Sorry for this bad chapter.

I didn't know how to lead on with what I wrote so this is what you get.

:))))))