Chapter 17

Connors P.O.V

6 days later

I wake up to an empty bed, except for myself, and look around to see Troye no where to be seen. He's been acting weird these past few days and he's not saying anything about it, he's also been basically isolating himself either in the living room or our bedroom. I go downstairs to check on Troye when he's no where to be seen, I check in the bathrooms, rooms, kitchen, and lounge all downstairs so I think he's in the bathroom up there. I walk upstairs and hear faint whispers and slight sniffs. I knock on the bathroom door when every sound stops.
"Troye? Troye baby are you alright?" He doesn't answer straight away and all I hear are mini shuffles until
"Uh, yeah I'm...just washing up."
"Troye really? What's the matter??"
"I said..." I then hear more shuffles and his voice getting closer when the door opens
"IM FINE!!" He yells hand holding the door and face almost touching mine.
Everything then gets quiet and we just stare at each other as he looses his aggressive facial expression, let's go of the door, and breaks down right in front of me. He cries and cries as I bend down to comfort him like I have done many times in these last two weeks. I hold him for three minutes doing nothing but that, as he cries into my arms just letting loose. I feel I finally have a chance to ask him what has been troubling him for the last few weeks.
"Baby, please. I hate seeing you like this, what's...what's wrong?"
After a billion tries he doesn't disagree with me or change the subject, he finally makes a move and takes a shaky hand to pull up his sleeve to reveal his timeQ's. I look at them for a second until I finally realise what I'm seeing.

2:00 o'clock

Only an hour left.
I completely forgot about that one day he showed me all his timeQ's that he lost. I start to tear up when I loosen down a bit. I might be able to share my secret I've been keeping from him to not hurt him either.

Troyes P.O.V

We hug for what feels like an eternity when I feel him loosen a bit.
"What...what is it?"
He then kisses me and I let in. He releases and stands up still not giving an explanation. He comes back after about ten seconds when I see him holding a little object. He sits back to the same position when he looks up to me and lifts his sleeve up. I look down confused when I actually see he is showing me his timeQ's which is only on an hour as well.
"What happened? Why is there hardly any?!"
"I have spent it, I have spent it on something that I have not regretted, and I wanted to give it to you at a good time, but you have been...isolating yourself for so long, I thought I would never be able to give it to you. But, Troye Sivan Mellet..."
He then gets up a little and props himself on his knee and on his other foot. He holds my hand in his and takes out the little object, tears falling down his cheeks, and opens it to reveal a ring. All his emotions are now plastered on his face, and the words are not heard, but they are definitely shown. I can tell the fear and the unknown is all he can think about right now, It's showing right on his face.
"Will...will you marry me?"
I freeze in shock and surprise, my blood flows a hundred times faster, my breathe quickens, and my knees start to get numb. I try to get out some words but my mouth is too dry.
I can't believe what's happening, I can't believe it. Right now I can't even think about me literally dying in a under an hour. I finally can nod my head yes and he dips his head down and let's the rest or the tears out. Out of all the pain and the thought of death coming our way, we both smile.

2:15 o'clock

We both smile knowing that we're gonna die.
We both smile knowing that we won't be able to have a wedding.
We both smile knowing that we can't spend the rest of our lives together.
We both smile knowing that this is it.
We then fall into each others embrace crying out all the tears and the pain that has come along on our adventure know as life. We sit there not speaking just enjoying each others presence for the last minutes we have.

2:30 o'clock

We cry together, crying a silent cry, as we hold each others hands knowing what is going to become of us.

2:45 o'clock

We sit in silence lost in our own thoughts both pondering over all our memories, decisions, ups-and-downs.

2:50 o'clock

We finally hug each other after all the alone time and quietly whisper to one another things to calm each other down. I don't think any of you would expect someone to do this on the urge of their death bed, but what else are you supposed to do. Pray, forgive, complete your bucket list it doesn't work like that, your mind is only consistent on getting ready to shut down, your thoughts disappear, and your wants and needs are gone.

2:55 o'clock

It's happening. We're dying, I have 4 minutes 49 seconds and Connor has 4 minutes 43 seconds. He will die first and even though I will come straight after, I don't think I will be able to see that in the couple of seconds I have. 

2:59 o'clock

"Connor, I think we are dying now."
"Yeah, yeah we are."
I look down to my wrist to see I have 36 seconds and Connor has 30 seconds.
"I love you Troye."
"I love you Connor."
We kiss and fall into a deep make out session. He breathes heavily from his nose onto my face hitting it hard. I fall on top of him and get up after Connor removes his lips from mine and coughs. I sit up bringing him up with me. He slowly opens his eyes and I cough straight after.
"I think this is it baby."
"it is."
We fall into a deep hug as I wrap my arms along his lower back and he does the same. I take a quick look at my wrist and see 19 seconds and I know that Connor will have 13 seconds. Connor then starts crying and I look to him.
"I...I don't wanna die Troye."
He continues to cry as I stare at him not knowing how to react. I can't tell him he's going to be fine, because we both know he's not. He falls into the groove in between my neck and shoulder and cries there. I look to my wrist and see 8 seconds.
He has 2 seconds.
I start to cry out loud shaking and screaming. I stop and sniffle up when I feel a heavy impact on my chest and the muffled crying stops.  I slowly lift him up by the shoulders and continue to cry harder. I'm holding the dead weight of my husband, my soul mate, and my best friend in my hands. He's gone. And my life is gone.
"I love you Connor." I say as the last few tears fall...

3:00 o'clock