Chapter 3

Btw I feel like I'm just going to be starting a lot of chapters with Troyes P.O.V
Just saying incase you guys think I've made a mistake or whatever ;)

Troyes P.O.V

I wake up to a loud yell in my room coming from my parents. I groan and rub my eyes getting the sleep out.
"Happy birthday Troye! Your 21 today!!" My mum says holding a cake in her hands as my father leans on the huge present behind him.
"What are you doing?!" I say leaning back into my pillow.
"Oh get up, it's already 10:30! We let you sleep in for a little bit." My mum says thinking that this will help.
"Cmon kiddo, we've already given you your timeQ's. But now you need to open your pressie!"
I then get up slightly and look at my wrist,
52 YEARS!
"What the hell?!"
"I know right, it's a lot aye!"
"Yes?! It's way to much! Mum, this is a stupid amount, what the heck." I say practically yelling at my parents.
"Don't worry sweetie, when you get a job you can get more."
"You don't understand! Life is not all about timeQ's!"
"Um, Troye. It kind of is." My dad says sarcastically.
"You know what I mean! And I'm not joking, we should give some to the outsiders, so they actually have a place for shelter, food to eat, life to live."
"Troye we don't know how many times we have told you this! But they can just get jobs but they're too lazy!" They then look at eachother because I usually give up about now but I decide to fight back.
"No, they can't. They can't get jobs because they're dirty, and no one wants an outsider working for their business. They can't get houses or clean clothes cause they will die if they try and pay it. The outsiders will continue to die and die if we don't do anything about it! Thats true and you know it, so stop trying to win the argument with that crap and actually come up with good evidence!!"
I then lay back down on my bed facing away from them leaving them to look at each other shocked and silent. I then hear them leave with a little
"Happy birthday son." As the door then finally closes.
I've always been really defensive over the outsiders care and safety. It's all because when I was six, I met another little boy. His name was Ben.

//flashback//

I hop out of the car and grab my teddy and start walking to my garden. I then see another boy playing by himself on the streets. I stare at him and he notices and looks at me and smiles this huge, bright and comforting smile. It makes me giggle then he giggles in reply. I then ask my mum if I can play with this boy but she's says no because his kind are lazy and stupid. She then drags me into the house and I quickly pull out of her embrace and run to the window. She just gruffs and walks away, I stare at the boy who looks sad but turns to me and smiles laughing at me. I laugh with him and then he runs up to the window. We stare at each other and place our hands on the window making them look like they're touching, we continue to giggle at this and I then open the window slightly, making him stand up and look through.
"Hello!" He says with a cheery voice.
"Hi!" I say back.
"I'm Ben!"
"I'm Troye!"
I then smile at him and he stares at me with a straight face.
"What is it?" I ask confused.
"You're just really pretty." He says continuing to stare at me.
"Pretty? But I'm a boy!!" I say laughing. He then cuts me off and says
"Why can't a boy be pretty?"
I stop laughing and shrug my shoulders wondering why can't one be pretty. I've just always believed that for no reason.
I then hear someone call out for him and he just yells where he is.
"Who's that?" I ask.
"My dads!"
I then look past him and see two guys coming up to him and hugging him and crying.
"What is it?" He asks with concern leaking from his voice. Straight away I look to there wrists and see they have only one minute left. Ben notices too and tears start coming out of his eyes. 
"No! Your going to be alright!" Ben says hugging them.
They continue to cry and stay on the lawn as I watch in horror, I couldn't do anything, and I didn't think to do anything. One then runs away and the other quickly chases after. Ben just sat there crying his eyes out. I climb out the window and sit in front of him as he jumps into my arms.
"They're gonna die!" He screams.
I don't know what to do so I just comfort him. He then looks up at me staring into my eyes almost going to break again.
"You-you will be alright." I say with a squeal in my voice. He then stops and stares straight into my eyes when I hear a yell come from inside my house. My mum runs outside and yells at Ben to get the hell away and carries me back inside. As I get pulled inside I just see him run away looking back at me with tears in his eyes. And that's the last I ever saw of him or his two dads.

//end of flashback//

That has always haunted me, even though I was young. I can still remember how horrible it felt back then and how horrible it feels right now. I couldn't say I loved Ben, but he was definitely a special boy who knew about equality and I started thinking about him as I grew older and realised that I didn't like girls. It was hard to come out to my parents, I actually thought they would disown me for about a week but they somehow managed to get it in their thick brains to love me for who I am. I then turn around, still laying down, and look at this huge present still lying in the middle of my floor. I just roll my eyes and decide to see what's inside.

Sorry for hardly ever putting Connors P.O.V but he will come. Just wait for the next chapter ;)

Also sorry for this chapter being sucky and only about a long flashback :/