xxxvii

oikawa insisted that he support iwaizumi however he could. saeko warned him it'd not be pretty, but he wanted to go anyway.

he followed her to a room where there was a long, rectangular, horizontal window with a white room behind it. iwaizumi was in some sort of machine, which emitted a blue, glowing light.

"iwa-chan," oikawa whispered, pressing his hand against the class.

"listen, i'm leaving the door open, but under no circumstances may you enter. if you feel sick, leave. don't scream. he can't feel pressured, got it?" oikawa nodded weakly, and saeko entered the room promptly, getting a long syringe ready.

iwaizumi came out of radiation, still awake, although barely. oikawa pressed his hand against his mouth.

he had never looked that sick before.

he got turned around, lying on his stomach. it was as if realization suddenly hit him. he looked around with panicked eyes. saeko tried to soothe him as one of the other nurses injected a needle into his back, before pulling out the longer one.

she stuck it in carefully. iwaizumi screamed.

saeko and the other nurse had to physically hold him down. he was thrashing and screaming and crying with what oikawa supposed was pain. tears streamed down oikawa's cheeks as he watched his boyfriend be manhandled to the bed in a state of absolute agony.

he felt sick to his stomach, but willed himself to stay. the syringe filled up, and it got pulled out. iwaizumi was left shaking with saeko next to him, talking to him continuously.

oikawa sunk down to his knees, bursting into an active cry. it was awful.

this was the reality of iwaizumi's life now. pain, agony and tears, and the continuous reminder of danger lurking around every corner.