liii

'oikawa came by today. he's funny. he called ushijima ushibaka and said he'd kick my pill's ass if it didn't work. he also told me about school, and said i was a good wing spiker. i hope i can play again sometime.

i had fun with him. i hope he comes by more often.'

oikawa put the letter on his desk before stuffing the envelope in his pocket and heading out for the hospital.

the ride was long, and it was weird to think that it wasn't to visit iwaizumi. the heartache returned, but it was for natsu, so he bit his tongue and kept quiet.

he had made the flowers, as promised. she seemed absolutely delighted.

"oikawa-nii, it's beautiful!" she exclaimed. "i'm going to hang it up!"

oikawa watched her stand on the bed, hanging it under the drawings for iwaizumi.

they made oikawa want to cry. it was all too familiar. all too soon.

"oikawa-nii?"

"yes, natsu-chan?"

"what's wrong? do you miss iwa-nii?"

"yeah," he whispered. "i miss him a lot."

"i don't want you to be sad," she pouted, jumping down on her bed. "what makes you happy?"

"will you read me a story?" he asked softly, sitting down.

"sure thing!" natsu exclaimed. oikawa sat down on the bed next to her as she started reading a story about farm animals.

oikawa let tears roll down his cheeks. natsu didn't notice, he didn't want her to.

he wiped them away quickly as she finished, clapping the book closed.

"how was that?" she asked with a grin.

"that was a great story," he smiled back at her. "would you read me another one?"

"sure," she nodded. "it's okay to cry, oikawa-nii. i'd cry too if i lost you or shou-chan."

"wha..."

"your eyes are puffy and there's snot on your face," she pointed out. "it's okay to be sad, oikawa-nii." she stood up on the bed and hugged him. he hugged her back thankfully.

"thank you," he whispered. he didn't cry. he didn't want to anymore.

he had lost iwaizumi. nothing could make up for that. but the envelope, natsu, saeko, and every other little thing were blessings in their own way.