liv

'we fought today. i got angry at him because he asked me when i'd play volleyball again. i'm angry at myself.

i miss him.'

'oikawa threw his volleyball out of the window for me. i was surprised. he loved that volleyball, he got it from me. but he said he didn't care about volleyball if i didn't play with him.

i'm glad oikawa's my friend. he's great.'

'the entrance ceremony was today. i held oikawa's hand. i told him it was for if i fainted but actually, i like holding his hand. it's comfortable.

he told me we'd kick cancer's butt today. that made me happy, because he said we. he really keeps me happy.'

'hanamaki asked us if we were a couple. we both kind of freaked out. well, mostly i. but still.

i do like oikawa. i thought about it a lot. he's sweet, always there for me, funny, positive, and as a bonus he's really freaking cute. i just don't want him to be sad in case i do die.

oh god. if i do ever give this to him, and we won't have been a thing, this is gonna be awkward.

to my non-boyfriend oikawa in the future: i'm so sorry please don't hate my body

to my boyfriend oikawa in the future: score'

'matsukawa hinted today that oikawa might like me. i want to confess to him, but i'm too not-romantic for that. plus i'm stuck in a hospital a lot. that doesn't help.

saeko said to go for it. i think i'm just going to tell him.'

about half a year after his death oikawa got called up to go to the iwaizumi residence. they were going to clean up iwaizumi's stuff, and they wanted him to pick out whatever he wanted to keep.

oikawa knew it would be sensible to not take too much, but his feelings worked against him. he wanted to remember iwaizumi. so he went for it.

he took some of his favourite sweaters and t-shirts, which still faintly smelled like him, and put them in his favourite backpack to maintain that. his favourite volleyball went with oikawa as well. they played with it before he got hospitalized.

he brought along pictures of him and himself in kyoto that iwaizumi had hung up in the hospital but where now lying on his desk, probably for oikawa to take. he took his beanie too, and the make-up he used for his eyebrows.

he left all of his certificates for his parents, but brought his pencil case and a notebook he doodled a lot in. iwaizumi wasn't a bad artist at all, in reality.

he looked over at his bookcase and recognized some of the books that he had read to iwaizumi. he picked them out carefully.

there honestly wasn't a lot left. he decided to leave it at that. his parents already had some of his stuff, but he wanted to leave some more for them.

he ran downstairs again, the box in his arms heavy, but he didn't care. he would take it all to university with him, which was starting in a few weeks.

"tooru," he heard iwaizumi's mother call out from the garage.

"yep?" he called back, walking over.

"here," she said, placing iwaizumi's old phone on top of the box. "take this too. the code's your anniversary date."

"thank you," he smiled. "i really appreciate this. i... i love having something to remember him by."

"we understand. and thank you for all that you've done for us. you really completed his life."

"i like to think i helped", he chuckled. "are you doing okay?"

"it's weird, not having a son," she sighed. "sure, he was gone a lot, but he was always there, you know?"

"i completely understand," he smiled sadly.

"it's going to be weird, not having you around either. i kind of think of you like a second son."

oikawa set the boxes down carefully and hugged the woman gently.

"you're like a second mother," he replied. "thank you for hajime. you brought the best person anyone could wish for in to this world."

"you flatter me," she laughed.