Prison

School is a place where parents send us kids to be punished. They tell us they send us there to become smart but really all they do is punish those who can not learn quick enough. If you're a little bit behind you're slow, if you're a little bit ahead you're brilliant, and if you're average you're dumb.

        They only ever praise smart kids and it hurts me to notice that. When the teachers use me as an example, every one looks like they think their not as smart or like I am a kiss-up or a smart ass who thinks they are better than them. How when I make a mistake it's okay I'll learn from it but if one of the 'dumb' students makes one, the world is suddenly falling apart. How can they possibly be this stupid?! I hate school, not because I'm not that smart but because of the torture it causes kids. It becomes a competition for the smart and popular.

On the first day of school I was a nervous wreck. My knees were shaking non-stop, my fingers drummed across the table in an attempt to fill the empty rooms that usually buzzed with laughter and conversations with noise. My mouth was so dry I was scared if I opened it my tongue would break off or I would start coughing like crazy, making it impossible to speak correctly. 'Will any of my friends be in my classes?What if they aren't? Whose going to keep them safe and happy?!' these thoughts played on repeat in my head making me tap my fingers quicker until my mom said those words, the words no kid wants to hear: the bus is out side.

"Pasta!" One of my best friends, Jessica screamed while jumping up to hug me. She had gotten much taller since last year and she looked happy.

"Really? We're still doing this?" My other best friend Olivia said while rolling her eyes. Main thing to know about her is that she is annoyed easily, but hey I still love her.

"Yes!" Jessica and I screamed before all three of us laughed. We all walked in school and compared our schedules. I had most of my classes with Olivia and one with Jessica, lunch.

Jessica is short with hair the color of orange juice. She loves to curse and can cry on command to get people in trouble. She hates almost everyone but can be a really good friend at time. Olivia is short with hair the color of dark chocolate. She doesn't talk much unless she is really comfortable around you and if she hates you she will not hide it. She is always there for me and can make me happy easily. I look nothing like either of them. I have dark brown eyes, brown skin and brown hair. I am usually nice unless someone hurts me or my friends then I will make sure you regret it but I can't fight so I usually just yell at them. I have a few problems but no one is perfect so my friends accept me.

I have a feeling this is going to be a great year. I have a group of friends that love me and I love all the classes I'm in. I know it's not going to be all fun and games but for once I'm prepared for whatever life wants to throw at me. I mean how bad can this year be?