Misleading Words

As I was walking down the road towards the pizzeria I felt as if I was being watched. Not even like a normal feeling you get when people stare at you but one that makes you feel unsafe and like you're in a scary movie. I walked as fast as I could to the pizzeria hoping to get away from whatever or whoever was watching me. The pizzeria smelled like sugar and donuts indicating that the owner, Kevin, made a fresh batch of fried dough. Its stereotypical for an American to love fried food but I just can not help loving fried dough. The pizzeria had a small entrance where you order your food with two tables and four chairs but in the back there were tons of booths and tables. I walked up to the register ready to order before Sebastian ran inside.

"I...thought...you....were...going...too...wait...for...me!" He said gasping for air in between each word. He looked hurt, angry, sad and confused all at once. He leaned on his knees still gasping for air.

"You never said to wait, you said to meet you here. Go sit down while I order our food." I instructed him. He opened his mouth about to object but I simply glared at him and he dragged himself into the back of the pizzeria. I still felt like I was being watched but I just brushed it off and ordered my fried dough.

"Boy troubles?" Kevin asked getting my fried doe and two cups of water.

"Yes but...no. Its complicated." I said leaning on the counter.

"I understand. My first boyfriend was really hard to find and convince to date me but I succeeded and we have been dating for five years now." Kevin said smirking. I took my food, handed him the money and went to go sit down with Sebastian.

"Fried dough? Really Alissa?" He asked raising an eyebrow. 'I swear he need to lower the sass sometimes' I thought.

"Yes because it's my life now what do you want from me?" I asked grunting and reaching for a piece of the fried goodness. As soon as I was about to grab one Sebastian moved the container and my hand grabbed air.

"I wanted to ask you something important...but since your food means more to you I will just take it and leave." He was smirking for I swear the hundredth time that day.

"NOOOOO! I'LL LISTEN JUST DON'T TAKE MY FOOD!" I screamed scaring the people behind us.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to the movies tomorrow." He said handing me my food. I looked at him up and down still not fully trusting him.

"That's it?!" I screamed while whispering because Kevin was glaring at us.

"I also wanted to ask you to be my date to Olivia's party but whatever." As soon as he said that my heart skipped a beat. I could not form words and I began to twirl a piece of my curly hair in between my fingers. As soon as I was about to answer Nova walked in. She sat right by Sebastian and pushed him out of her way so she could sit in front of me. I was glad she was here so it wouldn't be awkward but I was a bit upset that she pushed him.

"What the hell Nova?!" Sebastian screamed pushing her away. I don't think she even knew what happened a minute ago, I mean, rumors spread that Nova liked Sebastian so I felt bad for her.

"Sebastian calm down all she did was push you." I said helping her up.

"After all that has happened between you two you defend her! And I thought you were better than that." He had a look of utter disgust on his face as he got up to leave.

"Sebastian wait!" I screamed reaching for him. He just shoved my hand away and continued walking.

"Alissa I'm giving you an option here, either come to the park with me or stay with Nova." He stood in the door way his back facing me waiting for me to follow him. I was enraged to say the least with him. How could he have treated a girl that has done nothing wrong to him like that? I turned and saw Nova in tears and I regretted all of my past assumptions and mistakes, mistakes made just a couple days ago. I walked towards the door turning for a moment.

"Are you coming?" I said turning towards Nova. She nodded her head and quickly scrambled up after me. I know how it feels to be completely alone and I didn't want Nova to feel that way. We both started walking to the lake instead of the park with Sebastian yelling insults at us.

"Why did you defend me?" Nova asked her lip quivering.

"You might annoy me but us lady's have to stick together don't we?" I turned my head and smiled at her. She looked like she was deep in thought as we both walked.

"He told me to meet him there!" She said her voice shaking "He told me he loved me! But he used me to impress you! Why doesn't anyone love me?" She was crying her eyes out at this point and I wanted nothing more than to make her feel better. Watching her cry was like having my heart ripped out.

"Let's make a deal, okay? No matter how much we hate each other or how much we try to ruin each other's lives we will always be there for each other, okay?" I asked her pulling her into a hug. She silently nodded and we stood there for a few moments enjoying each others company. As we hugged I couldn't help but think to myself of all the thing we went through in a few weeks. 'Shit I think I love this asshole' I gulped and stared at Nova for a few seconds before blushing and looking away. The rest of the walk was silent, not a word was spoken and not a sound was made, its was a nice quiet though.