Ending

Today was finally the day. I was getting my hair curled and Olivia sat on her bed reading. I was so excited that I could barely sit still for very long. Every couple of minutes I checked my phone to see if Nova called me and every few minutes I was greeted with disappointment. After my hair was done I had to put on lip stick and the dress. I managed to do so with a few minutes to spare but Olivia finished hours ago. Olivia was sitting on my couch with her legs swinging back and forth as she finished reading a naruto fanfiction. I got her attention and we both left to go to the dance.

     The school was carnival themed and shockingly it looked pretty good. The cafeteria was filled with art that our art class made. They had a booth set up for a fortune teller and a strong man. They had cotton candy and popcorn machines set up. The cafeteria was dimly lit and the dj was playing current music and not songs that no one knew. At most of the dances the Dj played songs from the 90's that no one in our grade knew. The entire dance every one had fun, there was no drama, no fights, no yelling. It was just enjoyable, there was food, music and fun. Olivia even danced for once which is rare. Everything was so quiet and normal to the point that it got a bit boring at times. I looked over at Nova to see her smile had dropped, her expression was grim as she made her way over to me. Nova grabbed my hand and dragged me away from our group of friends.

      "Alissa, I need to tell you something," her voice was shaking and barely above a whisper. "Im moving." It felt like time had stopped for a few minutes. I felt a lump form in my throat as tears welled up in my eyes.

        "When are you leaving?" My voice cracked a few times. I could barely process what was happening. It felt like every one else had gone silent.

          "Over the summer," she paused for a second to wipe her eyes,"Im moving to Oregon. I won't be able to see you again." My entire world was built up in one night and was now falling apart in the same day.

       "Please don't say what I think you want to say," with every word it became harder and harder to speak clearly. "We can make this work. We can text or-or we can video chat or my dad can send me on a plane to Oregon to see you-" Nova placed one hand on my cheek and wiped my tears away.

    "Im really sorry about this Lissy I really am. I want to try to stay with you but-" Novas body shook as she sobbed, "I don't think I can be able to talk to you knowing I wont be able to see you in person." Nova and I hugged for awhile just enjoying each others presence.

     "I understand but......we have a few months left before then. Lets go try to have fun." I grabbed Novas hand and we walked back into the School. We continued dancing all night long until we both had to leave.

         At the end of the night I hugged Nova for five minutes. I could feel her shake and I knew I was more than likely crying also. When I got home I cried and cried for hours. For a few weeks nothing could make me happy. Then I had to go to Highschool after summer ended and I had to force myself to move on. Of course I was upset that Nova left but I hoped we would see each other again. My first love, my Super Nova, I will see you again one day.

Authors Note: I'm not sure if I want to write a sequel yet. I just haven't been inspired to write yet I would feel bad if I left it unfinished.