Sir Drunken Fool

~Harry~

The day goes by slow and painful. Mother and father have been on my arse for about a week for me to evaluate the plans for coronation, but I do not see the point. It is not like anything will go wrong. Everything in the godforsaken kingdom is perfect, that is what makes this place so boring.

I lay awake in bed, the soft blankets around my body cause me to sweat, that sweat causes me to be uncomfortable. It is far too early for me to rest. It is at most 9:30. With a heavy sigh, I sit up and put on something light. I stroll the empty hallways searching for any sign of a servant, when I hear loud chattering and laughs. I follow the sounds into the Knight's dining hall. It is big and the noise echoes off the tall walls. The men are gathered around a table. Bottles half filled and empty are scattered around the top. Someone notices me and they all slowly stop talking.

"Your highness," A drunken voice shouts, interrupting the silence, "Join us!"

I walk over and immediately cringe at the smell of cheap liquor on their breaths. A small figure sitting by himself catches my attention. I smirk when I realize who he is.

"Louis? I didn't know you drank." I boast.

He looks at me and smiles.

"Why not?" He says with a shrug, slurring his words, "There's nothing else to do around here."

He stumbles up to me and practically falls into my chest. I hold him steady and move him back a step back. His eyes become squinty from the size of his smile.

"S-Sorry, Harry... I guess, I'm a little light on my feet," He says and laughs.

I roll my eyes at his drunken comment and watch him. He attempts to take a step closer to me, but ends up falling right back into my chest. I hold him still by his waist and make sure he does not topple over. He smiles up at me and I raise my eyebrow.

"You're like really tall!" He says with a giggle.

I let a small chuckle out at his odd behavior.

"How much have you had to drink tonight?" I ask

"I don't know, but I think I'm a little tipsy," He answers

I laugh again and shake my head at him.

"You are drunk as hell." I respond

"No! Harry! I'm tipsy. Only tipsy."

I ignore his disrespect and shake my head again. I wrap my arm around his waist and smirk to myself as his delicate body stays close to mine.

"I'll lead you to your room. Alright?"

He nods. I remember where his room is from the many times that I have to get him when he is late. I lead him carefully to his bed and lay him down. Louis' eyes look up at me and watch me closely as I put the light sheet over his small body. I should not be doing this, it is not my job nor my responsibility, but I cannot stand the thought of him roaming around and getting hurt. I finish and make my way to the door, but before I walk out, I turn to him

"Goodnight, Louis."

"Night, Harry."