The Beauty of The "Could Be's"

~Harry~

I stand face to face with one of the most beautiful girls I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. Her brown hair is twirled and tied in a curly up do. Her blue eyes are surrounded by long fluttering eyelashes and black eyeliner. Her small lips  are sealed in scarlet lipstick. Her body is small and delicate. The jewels in the tiara atop her head bring out the blue of her eyes.

        My hands hold her waist as we twirl around the room. Her arms are wrapped carefully around my neck. She stares at me in wonder, I have seen this look many times. It is the look all the princess's stare at me so longingly with. It is love.

         And he is here, I know he is. I feel his stare coming from the corner of the room. His stare is probably a mixed drink of one part love and two parts lust.

         I can feel the whole rooms eyes and gazes. The eyes of my parents are probably filled with hope that this is the last female. That I will finally pick someone to wed.

         If Louis could replace the princess in my arms. Would I look at him with the same gaze the girls look at me with? I would imagine so.

         If we could be together I would not hesitate, but the dark beauty of it all is that we cant be. I will have to marry a princess and she will become my queen. Louis will join the royal army and fight.

          I look away from the princess and over at my prince. When my eyes meet his, they fall to the floor, showing he must be thinking of somewhere around where I am. His hands are folded in his pants and his formal wear wrinkles with his slouched shoulders. I frown to myself.

Sadness doesn't fit him.