Drunk

~Louis~

Today is Sunday, I only know because they open the door to feed me. Instead of the normal bread and water, I'm handed a bottle of whiskey. I untwist the cap greedily and sip from it. The liquor burns my throat as it goes down. Jonathan hasn't been here the last few days so a smaller man has replaced him. He speaks in a thick Hispanic accent and his eyes are dark. He walks over and places a gun on the table.

"One bullet."

He exits the room and I approach the gun cautiously. I pick up the heavy black object and I swallow hard. They want me to kill myself. I grab the bottle and take another sip out of it. I cringe as I swallow. My head is already feeling a bit foggy.

My mind thinks back to Harry as I cock the gun. I want him to know I love him. I just can't stay here anymore. I can't be tortured endlessly. He'd understand. He'd be okay with it. I'm not a human anymore, I'm living like a caged animal.

I bring the bottle to my lips and swallow a big gulp. My mind is cloudy and I feel tears fill my eyes. I think back to my family and their disappointed faces, but that fades when I remember her face. My mothers. She passed when I was so young. I feel her presence, but I can't think of her face. It's too far in my memories. I'll see my mother again.

I grab the bottle and take one last gulp. Lord, look after Harry. He needs it. Please, protect him. Tears fall onto the floor and I put the gun up against my head.
Lord, tell him I love him....

I pull the trigger and a gun shot rings around me....