The Beauty Of The "Cant Be's"

~Louis~

If I had to describe the feeling of being around men who are ten times stronger than you and twice a man you are it would be in one word, pathetic. After all, I was someone who spent two years training, only to be told I couldn't even actually battle. They handed me a shitty sword and gave me the mission of protecting Harry.

The hardest part is my family live in the farming town and I am several miles away from them. I knew when I left that I most likely wouldn't see them again, but I was willing to give that up. I had dreamed of riding a horse in shining armor. I was willing to leave them behind to make my dream reality, but reality is a much more disappointing place.

Although now, I have a secret that could get me executed if anyone finds out. I mean, it's obviously never going to work out... He dances with girls at balls and parties. He's suppose to marry a princess. We cannot just stay a secret for ever, that'd get him executed for cheating.

I thought back to the old stories mother used to tell my sisters about princess and princes falling in love and living happy. Reality is so different though. Harry's brother would kill Harry just to get the throne, I could get killed for being in love, Harry can't marry me, and I'll be stuck washing clothes while he'll be ruling over a kingdom.

I wish I was a King. I can picture it now. We'd be allowed to wed. We'd meet at the masquerade. I'd see him and ask him if he'd like to dance, not knowing who he is. We'd dance slowly together and talk for a while. Suddenly, he'd lean forward and kiss me. I would kiss back. He's take his mask off allowing for a better kiss and my eyes would widen at the King before me. I'd take mine off revealing myself. He'd smirk and grab me by my waist. We'd wed each other a month later.

I wish this was my reality, but my reality is grim. I don't wanna love someone else, though. I guess, I just get lost in the beauty of the "can't be's", but I just find the world so dark when you look closer. I love Harry with my whole heart, but I don't know if the sacrifices will weigh out.