The Masquerade.

--- Lucy's P.O.V ---

Arriving at home I sped up into my room and laid down Lydia's unconscious body on my bed.
Poor Lydia.
I sat down next to her, waiting her to wake up. I stood up to get her a glas of water. Before I left the room I heard a gasp. I looked back and saw her awake. Thank god.
"Lydia are you okay?" I asked her while sitting down next to her again.
"Yeah. I'm okay. What happened?" "You were thrown against a tree, you were unconscious and then I carried you here." I told her. She nodded.
''How about we go downstairs where probably all the others are and I pour you a drink, huh?'' I asked her. She nodded again in agreement.
We went downstairs and I went straight to Damon's minibar. I poured us a drink.
''Here. Drink this. It's strong but it will help you.'' I said as I gave her her drink.
''Ah, you're finally back.'' Damon's voice rang out. ''Yes, I am. Drink?'' He nodded.
''Where's Stefan?'' ''At Elenas.'' I nodded.
Something in my pocket buzzed. It had to be my phone.

1 New message from Ric.

I found something about werewolves. Come over.

Ric.

Okay. Let's see. ''Who's this?'' I looked up looking at Damon. ''Just some friend. She's in trouble. I need to go. Lydia you wanna come?'' ''Sure.''
''Okay, we'll go now. See ya, D.'' ''Wait!'' ''What?" I asked as I turned around to face him.
''Today is the Masquerade. Katherine will be there. We need your help.'' ''We? And how do you know she will be there?'' I asked interroagtively. ''I have a feeling. Trust me.'' I nodded and left the house with Lydia.
''We aren't going to a friend of yours, are we?'' ''Nope.'' She sighed jokingly.
Meanwhile we arrived at Rics. I knocked at his door, waiting him to open it.
The door opened and saw smiling Ric. ''Hey, Lucy.'' He greeted me and I did the same.
''I thought you would come alone.'' ''I would have but you know she can help us and she's a werewolf, actually my best friend. Okay?'' Ric nodded and stepped aside so we could enter.

''So what did you figure out?'' I asked curiously. ''You know, Isobel?'' ''Your dead wife, that burned herself before Elena? Yeah, I remember her. Why?'' ''She was obsessed with vampires or in general with the supernatural world.'' I nodded signaling him to contuine. ''Anyways, I did a research and I found this in a book.'' he contunied, giving me a piece of paper. ''A piece of paper? Wow. How creepy.'' ''Read what it's says.''

The cure for a werewolf bite is
running through an antique old
body and his future queen.
Her bite can kill a vampire immediatley.

''Okay, that is creepy.'' ''Yeah.'' ''What does it say?'' Lydia asked out of nowhere. I gave the piece of paper her, so she could read it. Her expression changed serious. ''Oh my god. That is just a message for his future queen.'' ''How do you know that?'' She stayed silent. ''Lydia? How do you know this?'' ''I- I already saw that message once. It only appears if his future queen is in the near. Or someone she loves and it has to do something with the prophecy. I just don't know how.''
''And you didn't think it would be important to tell me about it?'' I asked her a little annoyed.
''I-'' ''You what?'' I cutted her off. ''I didn't think it would appear again! It's only a message.'' ''Yeah, you're right.'' ''Ric, did you find anything else?'' ''Surprisingly, yes. I found something a book. Well, it looks like a journal. I didn't open it but I thought it could help.'' ''Can you give it to me?'' He nodded and gave me the journal or whatever this is. ''Thank you, Ric. I owe you. If you need any help, just call.'' ''I will.'' I nodded and said goodbye.
I left the house with Lydia. ''What time is it?'' I took my phone, looking what time it is. ''It's 13:50 pm.'' ''Where are we going now?'' Lydia asked me. ''Shopping! Today is a Masquerade, we need something to wear.'' I replied smirking. ''We're in Mystic Falls. Where the hell, you wanna go shopping here?'' ''We will get into my car and then drive out of Mystic Falls. The next shopping centre is only 45 minutes away from here. We'll be back in time.'' ''Okay. Time to go shopping.'' Lydia smiled.
The drive was silent. But it was an peaceful silence. "So what are we looking for?" Lydia broke the silence.
"You'll see." I replied smirking knowing excatly what I was looking for.
After another 15 minutes of driving we finally arrived.
''Holy shit. I love it here!'' Lydia exclaimed happily. ''Who doesn't.'' I replied.
Let's go. We enterred a shop that seemed very expensive but I have to say, it has the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen. "How are we gonna pay this?" Lydia whisper-yelled as she showed a short black dress. 250$. "You forgot I have certain skills?" I replied.
"Oh, yeah. Sorry." "Well, let's look for lovely dresses and later for some masks. Okay?" She nodded and I started walking around, looking for something I could wear.
I found a black long dress, with little accessoires and a beautiful bracelet.
But that would be something for Lydia, she loves long dresses. "Lydia!" I called. "Yeah?" "I found something for you." She walked over to me and admired the dress. Her jaw dropped. I knew she would love it. "I love it! Thank you, thank you!" She exclaimed happily again. I nodded and looked for another dress. For me, obviously. I looked around til I had to stop because I saw a wonderful short one-shoulder dress. I love them!
I compelled the cashier and we left. Time to go home. The ride went fast.
We got out of the car and entered the boarding house.
I made my way to the livingroom, Lydia following me of course.
"Tell him." Damon said to Caroline. "Tell Stefan what?" I interrupted.
"Ah, so you finally arrived. Did you had fun with some guy?" Damon teased. "Oh yes, Damon. We had a wunderful threesome with some hot guy. If you want details I can tell you later about it." I shot back sarcastically. Jackass. "So now, tell him what?" I asked once again. "I saw Katherine today." "And?" "You know, I was at the Grill because I wanted to look after Matt, then I went to make my make up again and she appeared behind me and--" "Caroline, straight to the point." I cut her off. "She threatend to kill me and she wants the moonstone today at the Masquerade." "She did what?!" I raised my voice, angrily. "I'm gonna kill that bitch, tonight." "I'll call the others, we need a plan." Stefan said and we nodded.
"D, you can go and do what Damons do." I said smiling innocently. "Well, I flirt with the best friend of my sis and well, do whatever I want so why don't you shut your mouth?" I stayed silent. "So, Lydia, do you have a date for tonight?" Damon asked smirking at her. "Uhm, no. Why?" "Well, do you want me to be your date tonight?" He asked her still smirking. "Uhm, yes. Why not." She said with a deep blush on her face. Please don't tell me she likes him like I'm thinking now.
"I'll pick you up at 7. See ya, tonight." After those words left his mouth, he left. I stared at her and she stared back. I started to grin devilshly. "What?" She asked shyly. "You like him, don't you?" She looked down, shyly and dying of embarressmant. "Lydia Reed is in love with my brother!" I said annoying her.
"Yes, I am! Happy now?" "Oh yes. Okay tell me. Since when?" "Since the moment I saw him." Lydia admitted shyly. "Aww, how cute. Are you gonna tell him?" "No way! Are you crazy?!" She exclaimed. "Why?" I asked confused. There was a silence. "You're afraid of how he would react, aren't you?" She nodded. "Lydia, I'm sure as hell he won't react as bad as you think. Just tell him, okay?" She nodded again. "Okay, I will after today, when everything is done." I smiled at her. "Now come on, we need to get ready." I said and went upstairs, Lydia following me.
I took my short dress and my mask and went into the bathroom.
I stripped out of my clothes and turned on the water, stepping into the shower. The hot water feels so good on my skin. It's relaxing.
"Lucy, it's going to happen soon." The ancestors said.
Ugh. "Yes, I know."
I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, covering my body with a big towel. I dryed my red, wavy, long hair. After that I brushed my teeth and dressed in my favourite underwear. "Lydia, are you ready?" "Not yet, you?" "Almost." I replied. I walked out of the bathroom and walked over to my bed with my dress. "Nice body." Lydia jumped back and turned around. "Geez! You scared the hell out of me!" I chuckled and got dressed in my one-shoulder dress. It's red. Shocker. I only applied some mascara, eyeliner and a red lipstick. I'm not fond of make up just on cases like these. "I'm ready. Are you?" I turned around and my eyes widen. "How do I look?" "Oh my fucking God. Lydia you look breathtaking!" I squealed like a kid. "Thank you. You too." "Thanks, hon. Now let's go. It's time." I said as I looked how late it was.
We walked downstairs, seeing Damon already waiting there. Damons jaw dropped when he saw Lydia. "Wow, you two look breathtaking." I knew he would love it. "Thanks." "You don't look bad either." Lydia replied and they just stared intensively in each others eyes. "Please get a room." I interrupted annoyed.
We left and got in Damon's car. The drive was silent. After 20 minutes of driving we finally arrived.
I got out of Damon's car and entered, leaving the lovebirds alone. My mask on, obviously.
Oh yeah, you probably think, what's your plan. We'll meet us outdoor, to think about a good plan. But first I need to see if Katherine is here and act like it's Elena. I walked through the house, looking for Katherine. Suddenly I bumped against someone. I looked up seeing Elena, well Katherine. "Oh hey, Elena. Sorry for bumping into you." "Everything is fine, Lu." She smiled. Little bitch.
"I'm gonna look for the others." I left the house, looking for them and finally spotting them. "So, what's our plan?" I asked as I came along. "We're gonna lure Katherine in a room where she can't get out. Caroline will lure her in that room and we're gonna kill her." Stefan replied simply. "Okay, wait a second. How do you know she can't get out?" I asked interroagtively. "Bonnie casted a spell." He contunied. I nodded. "Ready?" I looked at the whole gang and they nodded. Good. Showtime. Elena isn't here. Probably to keep her safe. Damon, Stefan and me went into that room were nobody could get out. "Why are you doing this? I've done nothing!" I heard Caroline whine. "Excatly! You did nothing! I want the moonstone, Caroline. Now." Katherine threat. Bitch.
"Where are they?" "I-I don't know." Care replied. Suddenly I heard a chocking, she was gasping for air. "Where. Are. They?!" "I- I can't brea--" She rolled her eyes and asked again. "They are in some room." Caroline gave in. "You're coming with me, blondy." "Which one is it?" Katherine demanded furiously. "This one." She showed her the room, crying. Katherine walked blindly in. Perfect.
Caroline started laughing and Katherine turned around. "I did. I actually did. You know, I never thought I could fool you but I did." Caroline spoke out proudly. "What are you talking about?" Katherine walked over to her but she couldn't go any further because of the barrier. "What the-- Stefan, Damon." She said turning around. "And Lucy." "Goodbye, Katherine." With that Caroline was gone. "You don't really think that you can kill me with that now, do you?" "Nope but he can." Damon walks out the closet holding the compressed air weapon. He shoots Katherine. The stake goes in her back.
After she pulled it out she tried to attack me but I could easily throw her away because she was busy trying to get off my brothers. She tried to stake Damon but Stefan and me grab her by behind, fell on the floor with her and choke her from behind. She couldn't  move. Damon rushed over and was about to kill her but suddenly Jeremy arrived. "Stop! You're hurting Elena! They're linked. Everything you do to her, you do to Elena!" Jeremy said with raised voice. "Jeremy, make sure Elena is okay." Stefan replied and with that he was gone.
"Yeah, make all sure poor Elena is okay. Just a bit more pressure." She said while cutting her hand. I slapped the stake out of her hand.
"You think you are the only ones with a witch on your side? Wrong and something tells me that my witch is better than your witch." Katherine smirked.
"We four like in old times. The sister who was annoying and still is. The brother who loved me too much and the brother who didn't love me enough." She spoke out again. "And the evil vampire slut who only cared about herself." Damon and I said in sync. "What happened to you Damon? You used to be so sweet and polite." "Oh, that Damon died a long time ago." "Good. He was a bore." "Oh, why don't you two stop antagonizing each other?" "Where is the moonstone?" "That was really desperate, Katherine. Don't you think that we can see right through you?" "That's really amusing, you know, Kat. You're almost begging for the moonstone, if you see it the way I do." I intervened smirking.
"You know, this whole Mason thing has me a bit confused. Why a werewolf? The moonstone can break a curse that would help them destroy all vampires so what's in that for you?" Stefan spoke again. "Sorry about your pet wolf, probably should have kept him on a tighter leash." Damon interrupted. "I'll have to remember that for next time. He's not the only wolf in town."
"When you struck a deal with George Lockwood, to help you fake your death, you told me that you gave George something that he needed. It was the moonstone, wasn't it?" "Good for you, Stefan. Two plus two...And it would have worked except that people found out that I wasn't in the tomb. Thanks to you, by the way. Have I mentioned how inconvenient your obsession with me has been?" "You and me both, honey." Damon said. "What were you doing with it in the first place?" Stefan asked.
"Unless it wasn't yours to begin with. In 1864 you faked your death. Who were you running from, Katherine?" He asked again. "Stefan, she won't tell you." I said serious.
"Katherine, the spell on this room has been broken, you're free to leave." Some girl said as she arrived. "Thank God. Thank you, we're done now." "When I hand this over my debt to you is over." "I said done." Katherine grew impatient.
"I wouldn't do that." Damon intervened. She gives her the moonstone. When Katherine touched  it, out of nowhere  she couldn't  breathe. "Wait! Elena!" Stefan paniced. "Elena is fine. You should have told me another witch was involved. She's a Bennett witch, Katherine, but I'm sure you knew that." Katherine fell onto the floor. Unconscious. "The spell is broken. She'll heal quickly, Bonnie's with her. I apologize for my involvement."
"What the hell." I said thinking out loud.
We made our way outdoors to the others. "Elena are you okay?" Stefan asked full of worry. She nodded. "Guys, I'll go for a walk. See ya." I said before I left.
I was walking to the car park, walking somewhere. I don't know where.
I felt like someone was watching me. I turned around looking for someone but there was nobody. Walking a bit faster I just headed somewhere but suddenly I felt something hit my head and all went black.